Sunday 8 September 2024

Celebrate Fall

Good Morning
Fall is in the air with cooler mornings.  The leaves are turning colours which inspired my card.
Meet the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I put a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and added the Blowing Leaves stencil over that.  
  • Next, I inked over the whole stencil using some Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon and some Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink. I thought these colours were perfect for the colours of the changing leaves.
  • I used a rectangle die to cut right from the center of the stenciled leaves and set aside.
  • I glued my large card front panel onto a piece of rust coloured cardstock, then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • I glued the smaller die cut panel onto the same rust cardstock and used some foam tape to position it back into place over my card front.
  • I die cut the sentiment from the rust cardstock and then cut it again 4 more times with some white. I glued them all together, offsetting a bit to help the sentiment show up better against the colourful background.  I glued that over the middle of  my card front.
  • Finally, I added 3 red gems under the sentiment to finish off my card

Here is the stencil I used:

Check out the bling too:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Allsorts- AUTUMN COLORS or ANYTHING GOES
Inkspirational- MAKE YOUR MARK

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil and gems (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Infinity Rectangle dies (HA); Celebrate die (MFT)

8 comments:

Pat said...

Another great card using the Blowing Leaves stencil Karen, and the yellow, orange and red shades are complemented really well by the brown card for mats and layers, and the die cut sentiment works well with the white shadow layer, and the red gems finish it perfectly. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the stencil once more Karen, and an eye catching card as a result. I find this really appealing.
Blessings
Maxine

JulieP said...

Love your stenciled background!!! So perfectly fall. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood!

Liz said...

Super autumnal card, Karen. What a great stencil. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Autumn Colours theme.
Liz xx

brenda said...

A super design for a lovely rich coloured Autumnal card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very beautiful Karen, very autumnal. love it. x

Sarn said...

a lovely autumnal card. X

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Autumnal creation the stencil, colours, sentiment and the leaves are wonderful thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x