Sunday 1 September 2024

Leaves, Sunflowers and Pumpkins


Happy September!
Fall is right around the corner and the leaves are turning colours.
So meet 2 of the new stencils from A Colorful Life called:

I decided to use these 2 stencils together, so here's what I did.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and put the pumpkin from the Layered Sunflower Pumpkin stencil over that. I inked up the pumpkin first using some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.  To add some shading, I added just a touch of Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink to the top of the pumpkin.
  • I cleaned the stencil off and then moved it to stencil the sunflowers with Fossilized Amber and some Mustard Seed DOX ink.
  • I moved the stencil again and then finally inked the flower centers and the leaves of the flower.
  • Next, I stenciled some of the leaves from the Blowing Leaves stencil just under and around the pumpkin.  I did have to mask it off in a few areas to add the leaves around the base of the pumpkin.
  • I splattered just the pumpkin with my white Posca pen and set it aside to dry.
  • I cut another piece of white cardstock and placed the Blowing Leaves stencil over that.  I inked them up with some Ripe Persimmon, Fossilized Amber, Lumberjack Plaid and some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • I glued the Blowing Leaves stenciled panel onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I fussy cut out the pumpkin and sunflower portion of my cardstock out next and used some foam tape to pop it over the leaf background.

Here are the stencils I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 
p.s. Some good sales on now too!

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
TICTACTOE- LEAVES/INK BLENDING/ MULTIPLES
Krafty Chicks- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
white Posca pen; foam tape

3 comments:

Pat said...

A great autumnal card Karen, and love the mixture of the falling leaves and the pumpin and sunflowers which go together really well. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your vibrant autumnal colours on your card Karen - a beautiful result
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Super card, love the colours, a beautiful autumnal card. x