Saturday 31 August 2024

Christmas Wishes


Good Morning and Welcome
I had fun creating today's card combining a new stencil called 
with an older stencil called 3 Rectangle Shadow from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and then placed the Slanted Angles stencil on a diagonal over that and inked with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed that stencil and placed the 3 Rectangle Shadow over my stenciled panel.  I put the Slanted Angles stencil back over that but positioned it straight this time.  I inked that up with some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • I removed both stencils and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • When the panel was dry, I added some anti-static powder to the front and then stamped the snowflakes on the top and bottom corner with some Versamark ink.  I white heat embossed them.
  • I die cut the sentiment with a piece of pale green cardstock and then some white.  I glued those together, offsetting them a bit so the white would show.
  • I glued the stenciled panel over a piece of white, then dark green, then light green and then finally, a white A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment across the front and then added some silver gems to the center of the snowflakes.

Here are the stencils I used:
Slanted Angles


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
CRAFT- CHRISTMAS 
TicTacToe- (MULTIPLES- snowflakes; RECTANGLE- stenciled; GREEN

Supplies
Stamps- Snowflakes (MFT)
Inks- Versamark; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); white eb powder; white Posca pen; silver gems
Sentiment- (Photoplay)

2 comments:

Pat said...

Another wonderful two stencil background and such pretty greens, and the white embossed snowflakes with their gem centres look beautiful over the top Karen, and the large green die cut sentiment with a white under layer offset really stands out. x

Taty said...

a very cheerful Christmas card I love backgrounds created with stencils and you made good use of them. Thanks for joining the Craft Challenge Taty x DT