Saturday 24 August 2024

Happy Holidays


Good Morning
When I saw this new stencil for August from A Colorful Life Designs, I thought Christmas.  
And since it's never too soon to start on our holiday cards meet the new 
This stencil has so many possibilities.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by putting a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put the Changing Triangles stencil over my paper.  
  • I inked it up with some Cracked Pistachio and some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink.
  • I splattered the panel with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry. 
  • Next, I inked up another panel exactly the same way as I wanted to cut up the triangles for my design.
  • While that dried, I stamped and die cut the sentiment using some more of the Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • I cut the stenciled panels up to create the design.  I wanted a large tree in the middle to represent Christmas tree.
  • I glued the cut pieces onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto a piece of dark green and then finally onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I use some foam tape to pop the sentiment over the bottom and then found this silver snowflake in my stash to add to the top of the tree.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cut it Up- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Holiday Sentiments (Photoplay)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
small inking brushes (Amazon); white Posca pen; foam tape; snowflake die (SSS)

6 comments:

Pat said...

This looks great in green Karen and love the holographic snowflake and large sentiment to finish... and a wonderful seasonal card. x

kiwimeskreations said...

You are so creative with your use of the stencils Karen - this is stunning!! Love the silver star over the green
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a clever way to use the stencil, you have great insight on how to use each stencil, they are fabulous. x

Lisa Elton said...

Your green triangles remind me of Christmas trees! Terrific card, Karen. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

Alyson Mayo said...

That stencil is a neat one and I love your interpretation of trees with it. Thanks for sharing with us at both Cut It Up and MTTC :)

María said...

A fantastic card with a different point of view to celebrate the holidays. That snowflake is the perfect decoration for it. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.