Sunday 4 August 2024

Big and Bold Thank You


Welcome
I had fun creating today's card using 2 of the new for August stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called;

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a square piece of white cardstock that was 3 3/4" and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I put the Alternating Squares stencil over that and inked it up with some Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink.  I like the dark, rich tones of that colour.
  • I placed another piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and this time, I put the Parasols stencil over that.  I inked just the inside round of that one with some more Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink.  To add a bit of dimension, I added some Villainous Potion just in the center area.
  • I used a circle die to cut the round and then I fussy cut around all the spokes to give it more of the look of a flower.  I glued that onto a slightly larger white circle.
  • I stamped and die cut the sentiment with the same red.
  • I glued the stenciled card front onto a 4 1/4" white square card base and used some foam tape to add the circle detail.  
  • Lastly, I used some more foam tape to pop the sentiment up over the center.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Crafty Calendar- ANYTHING GOES
Crafting Happiness- HOT/HOT/HOT

Supplies
Stamp- Big and Bold Stamp and die (SSS)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Infinity Circle Dies (Hero Arts); foam tape

4 comments:

Liz said...

Super card Karen, what a striking design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Pat said...

That Lumberjack Plaid is a beautiful bright red Karen and I love the background of the Alternating Squares, and then the Parasols central image on a circle over the top, and that little bit of Villainous Potion ink just gives it some dimension, and the and the stamped and die cut sentiment is great over the top..a really pretty card. x

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - Karen this is not only eye catching, but your use of the contrasting designs adds so much drama to this amazing card.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Big and Bold and gorgeous, love the arrangement of the stencils and the fab colour. x