Saturday 17 August 2024

BIG Merry Wishes


Welcome
As a cardmaker, is it ever too soon to start making cards for the holidays?
When I saw this newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
 I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put the Calibrated Lines stencil over my paper.
  • I inked over the whole stencil with lots of Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink. To add a bit more richness to the dark red, I randomly inked with some Dusty Concord DOX ink to deepen the colour.
  • I added some perforated dots between the rows to add more interest.  (Sorry, that is a bit hard to see in the photo)
  • I die cut the 'Merry' from a piece of matching red cardstock, then glued it onto the white cardstock shadow outline.
  • I found a scrap piece of silver cardstock in my stash and die cut the snowflake from that.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of matching red cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment across the front and then tucked the silver snowflake under the corner of the sentiment.
  • I added a gem to the center of the snowflake and then around the bottom edge of the sentiment to help balance it all out.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- SPARKLE AND SHINE
Simon Says Monday- SPARKLE AND SHINE
Word Power- WORDS AS FOCUS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Merry die (The Stamp Market);
Snowflake die (SSS); TE Blending Brushes; gems; Make Art Station (Ranger)

5 comments:

Pat said...

I love the pretty silver snowflake and the red stencilled Calibrated Lines look great as a background Karen, and the red greeting with the white shadow behind it and the added gem to the centre of the snowflake and two more added underneath it finish it beautifully. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You really are the mistress of the stencils, this is just so very lovely, great stencil background and love the large sentiment and snowflake. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a dramatic card Karen - bold colours and great stenciling - love the black snowflake
Blessings
Maxine

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Karen! So very festive! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Epie said...

Wonderful card with great design.....
Hugs Epie