Thursday 1 August 2024

Jigsaw Hello

Welcome
I can't believe it's August 1st!!  The summer is just flying by.
So, a new month means a whole new lineup of stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.
Meet one of the new ones called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I wanted to give the background more of a simple but unique look so I got out some of my Distress Reinkers and squeezed them out onto a piece of acetate.  The colours I used were:  Blueprint Sketch, Festive Berries and Peacock Feathers.
  • Using a baby wipe, I dipped it into one colour at a time and pressed it over the Jigsaw stencil to transfer the colour.  I repeated that process until the whole background was inked.  It gave such an interesting, mottled look to the inking.
  • When the panel was dry, I die cut the sentiment shadow from the middle and then die cut the letters from some navy blue cardstock.  I glued the letters onto the shadow cut from the panel.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of dark red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.  
  • I used some foam tape to stick the sentiment back into place over the background.
  • The last step was to add some navy gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to this challenge:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxide re-inkers
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); baby wipes;
blue gems; Large Hello die (Whimsy Stamps)

2 comments:

Pat said...

What an interesting way to colour through the stencil Karen and the colours go together beautifully, and finished perfectly with the large blue die cut 'Hello'. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A great technique, Karen, and a beautiful result. x