Thursday 8 August 2024

Big and Little Lines

Hello and Welcome
Today's card is featuring a new stencil for August from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Big and Little Lines stencil over that.  
  • Next, I inked starting at the top and moving my way down with these Distress Oxide colours:  Shaded Lilac; Peacock Feathers; Picked Raspberry; Ripe Persimmon and some Fossilized Amber.
  • I lifted the stencil off, wiped it and then flipped it onto it's side.  I inked again using the same colours as mentioned above.
  • After I removed the stencil, I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • While the panel dried, I die cut the sentiment letters from some blue cardstock, then die cut the shadow from the center of my card front panel.  I glued the letters onto the shadow.
  • I glued my stenciled card front onto a piece of pale purple cardstock, then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment back into place over the card front and added a silver gem to dot the 'i'.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Love to Craft- ANYTHING GOES
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES
(rainbow colours)

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Small Blending Brushes (Amazon); silver gem; Just a Note (Concord and 9th)

5 comments:

Pat said...

What a beautiful rainbow of colours Karen using this pretty stencil, and the eclipse technique used for the sentiment shadow with the plain blue letters over the top looks great. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful way to use the stencil karen, and a gorgeous rainbow card as a result
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

thanks so much
x Karen

Karen Dunbrook said...

many thanks, appreciated.
x Karen

Helen said...

Beautifully bright and colourful - love your background.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Helen x
DT