Thursday 15 August 2024

Groovy Hello

Hello there!
Meet today's card.
A fun one using another one of the newly released stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called:

The technique I used for my card is referred to as 'Joseph's Coat'.
So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I wanted a bold and bright look for this card so I took a piece of white cardstock and inked it with my Distress Oxide inks in these colours: Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and some Ripe Persimmon.
  • I set that aside to dry and before going on with the next step, I used an anti-static powder all over the card front. (This step is very important or you will not be able to achieve the results.)
  • I placed the Twisty Grid stencil over my inked background and went over it with some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and then clear heat embossed it.
  • I die cut the "HELLO THERE" 3 times with some black cardstock and glued them together.  I die cut it again with some white and glued them together, offsetting the white a bit to help the sentiment show up better against the dark background.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto a piece of blue and then finally, onto an A2 sized card base.
  • The last step was to glue the sentiment to the middle of the card front.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT
Simon Says Monday- SPARKLE AND SHINE

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending brushes; 
Hello There die (Amazon); Clear EB powder (Lawn Fawn)

2 comments:

Pat said...

These colours really pop, and using your black ink through the stencil to give the grid pattern works brilliantly Karen, and the black die cut sentiment with the white offset a little underneath makes it stand out well against the background..a super card. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Karen, vibrant and the black is fabulous through it. x