Saturday 3 August 2024

Hello to You!


Good Moring
Meet the new for August stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:
When I saw this wonderful stencil, I had so many ideas about how I wanted to use it.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Calibrated Lines stencil over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and set it aside.
  • I took another piece of white cardstock, placed the stencil back over it again and this time, inked with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • Next, I took the 2 panels and cut them into strips following along with the distinctive line design.
  • I did some paper weaving with the strips, alternating the colours as I went along and glued that onto a piece of white cardstock to stabilize it. I glued that onto a piece of navy cardstock.
  • I die cut the 'HELLO' letters from white cardstock and glued them onto the word shadow that I cut from another piece of navy cardstock.
  • I glued the panel onto an A2 sized card base and used some foam tape to pop the sentiment up.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thank so much for taking a look, so appreciated.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Word Power- WORD AS FOCUS
Crafty Calendar- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Hello Die (Markered Messages-Concord and 9th), foam tape

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love the design with the two different blue tones which look great Karen, and what a wonderful idea to make strips and put them together with alternate colours horizontally and vertically, and finished with the large 'Hello'...a brilliant card. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An inspirational idea Karen, and a beautiful result. x

JenniferE said...

Beautiful card! Such a great idea to cut and weave!