Tuesday 13 August 2024

Cheerful Note


Good Morning
Just a note card today featuring the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Changing Triangles stencil over a piece of white cardstock. This stencil has so many possibilities.  It is easy to ink just portions or even cut it up into pieces as you will see in an upcoming card I made.
  • I wanted each triangle area to be a different colour, so I masked the first ones off, inked and then continued with that process until the card front was all stenciled.  I used these Distress Oxide colours:  Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers.
  • I set that aside and die cut the sentiment words from some blue cardstock.
  • Next, I die cut the word shadow right from the center of my stenciled card front and glued the 'just a note' words onto that.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of blue cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment back over the front, matching it up in place.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks a lot for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- Make it MASCULINE
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES
Love to Craft- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Just Saying die (Concord and 9th)

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

And it turned out brilliantly - great colour choices

Kathyk

Pat said...

Beautiful bright colours for these fun triangles on this new stencil Karen, and another use of the interesting slightly different look to the eclipse technique with the shadow background of the die cut sentiment the same as the background stencilling and then having the plain colour for the words on top which I think looks great. x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous stenciling and great colours and I love your design.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the vibrant happy feel of the card Karen, gorgeous colour mix and design. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Karen - so cheerful with the multiple colours, and the blue sentiment is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh so bright & cheerful! Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! :)