Monday 12 August 2024

Get Well Wishes

Good Morning

I hope that today's card will cheer one of my friends up.
I used 2 of the newly released stencils together to create this fun background.
Meet the new  
from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I put a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and then placed the Jigsaw stencil with the Calibrated Lines stencil over that.  
  • Keeping the 2 stencils together, I inked over the layered stencils with 3 different shades of blue Distress Oxide colours: Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Uncharted Mariner.  It created the most fun background.
  • I removed the stencils and used my perforating tool to add the perforated lines between the sections.  It added some nice texture and interest to the background.
  • I found a scrap piece of inked paper in my stash to use to die cut the sentiment.  I also cut the sentiment from white cardstock 4x's and then glued them all together so the sentiment would be raised against the background.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base and glued the sentiment over the middle of that.
  • I found this die cut flower in my stash and glued it just under the sentiment in the corner and added a blue gem to the center.


Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks a lot for taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Word Power- SENTIMENT AS FOCUS
Creative Inspiration- ANYTHING GOES
TicTacToe- (FLOWERS/SCORING LINES/DIE CUTS)

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); perforation tool; Get Well die (Frantic Stamper); 
flower die ?? (gifted to me)

4 comments:

Pat said...

This is such a pretty card and sure to cheer your friend up with its bright and beautiful blue tones, and the two stencils work brilliantly together Karen, and I love the soft blue and white large flower you added in the top corner with the blue gem and the large die cut sentiment in coordinating tones of blue to finish. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous colours Karen -quite a busy background, and it did need the layered sentiment and flower to quieten it.
Blessings
Maxine

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL design card Karen! Love the colors and how you added all the TTTC elements! Thank you for playing along!

Rosanne Mulhern said...

What a bright and cheery get well card...I feel better already!!! Thanks for sharing it at the TTTC.