Friday 23 August 2024

Parasols

Welcome
This new stencil for August called
from A Colorful Life Designs is a fun one for sure.
I used it a bit differently then how it's designed to be used.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and marked the center point.  I placed the Parasols stencil along the center point, covering just half of my card front.  I inked it up with some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil off and repositioned it to the other side and inked again with the same colour.
  • Next, I took another piece of white cardstock and inked just the center circle with some Picked Raspberry and some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink.  I used a circle die to cut it out and placed that into my Misti to stamp the sentiment over it.
  • I glued my stenciled card front onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the circle over the center of my card front and added 3 black gems under the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cut it Up- ANYTHING GOES
Addicted to Stamps and More- DIE CUTS AND STENCILS
Paper Minutes- BIRTHDAY

Supplies
Stamp- Sending You (Avery Elle)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Misti (My Sweet Petunia); black gems; foam tape; HA Infinity Circle die

5 comments:

Pat said...

This looks great in orange, pink and red Karen and the popped up central circle is perfect for sentiment..love the little back gems as a finishing touch too. x

Christina said...

Was für eine schöne Karte. Sie gefällt mir sehr . Danke, dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.
LG Christina

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love how you placed the stencil, a fabulous card as always Karen. x

Francesca said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Addicted to Stamps and more

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the color combo you used!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda