Sunday 15 September 2024

Merry Everything


Good Morning
I'm happy to say that I have a good start on creating my holiday cards. 
This new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs added a great look to my wreath card.
Meet the new for September stencil called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I love combining older stencils with the new one, so for my wreath I got out the older stencil called Leaf Frame.  I placed that over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.  To add some dimension to the leaves, I added just a hint of Salty Ocean DOX ink.
  • I removed that stencil and then added the Simple Leafy Frame stencil, layering it over the Leaf Frame and inked that with some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • Next, I used just the berries from the Holly Wreath stencil and inked those over the leaves with some Lumberjack Plaid ink.
  • I die cut the wreath using my circle dies and set aside.
  • I cut a piece of dark red cardstock and embossed it with a plaid embossing folder and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock and die cut it out.  I die cut the word outline 4 more times and then glued them all together.
  • I glued the embossed red plaid cardstock onto a 4 1/4 square white card base and then added the wreath over that.  
  • I used some more foam tape to add the sentiment over the middle of the wreath.

Here are the stencils I used:
NEWEST

OLDER

Holly Wreath

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
My Time to Craft- ADD TEXTURE
Peace on Earth- CHRISTMAS
Krafty Chicks- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- Holiday Sentiments (Photoplay)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen;
Infinity Circle dies (HA)

2 comments:

Pat said...

This is really bright and pretty Karen and love the red and green with that hint of blue and the layered leaves over the leafy base of the wreath and the added bright red berries all using the three stencils looks great, and finished with this lovely large sentiment so bold in red to match the super plaid embossed background. x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Love the wreath, the process and the colours. So happy you played along with the Christmas challenge with the Krafty Chicks this week.
Diane - DT KCC