Sunday 22 September 2024

Halloween House

Good Morning
Today's card features a fun new stencil for September from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I inked up the Spooky Web stencil onto a piece of white cardstock using some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.
  • I splattered the panel with my black Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I used a piece of black cardstock to die cut the Halloween house and then added some pieces of yellow cardstock behind the windows and pathway to help them look like they are glowing in the dark.
  • Next, I die cut the 'boo' sentiment and then inked it with some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink and some Black Soot DOX ink.  I splattered that with my black Posca pen.
  • I glued the stenciled spider web onto a piece of purple cardstock to match the sentiment and then glued that onto an A2 sized card base.  
  • I glued the Halloween house over the spider web and then added the ghost and the bat.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks a lot for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG
Sweet Stampin- FOR A CHILD
Send a Smile 4 Kids- CUTE FALL/HALLOWEEN CARDS 4 KIDS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); black Posca pen;
TE Blending Brushes; sentiment-Vault Gothic Portraits (TH);
Haunted House (Trinity); ghost die (Amazon)

1 comment:

Pat said...

Another pretty Halloween card Karen, and the wonderful cobweb behind and the haunted house really stands out in black with the bright yellow light from the windows and door, and the purple 'boo' looks great with a few little added pearls to finish..really fun. x