Saturday 21 September 2024

Giving Thanks


Welcome
Here in Canada we will be celebrating Thanksgiving at the beginning of October, so I wanted to get a few card made to mail out.
Today's card features the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:
I paired it up with an older stencil called Stick Wreath to give the wreath a fuller look.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Simple Leafy Frame stencil over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Distress Oxide inks in these colours:  Rustic Wilderness; Lumberjack Plaid; Ripe Persimmon.
  • I removed that stencil and placed the Stick Wreath right over the stenciled leaves and inked with some Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo DOX ink.
  • I used a circle die to cut out the middle area of the wreath.
  • Next, I got out a piece of dark green cardstock and embossed it with a dot embossing folder, then glued that onto an 4 1/4" square white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the wreath over the embossed background.
  • I stamped the sentiment, cut it out and used some more foam tape to place it over the middle of the wreath.
  • I add a twine bow to the top to finish my card off.

Here are the stencils I used:
NEW

OLDER

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Alphabet Challenge- 'M' IS FOR MASCULINE
Cut it Up- COLORS OF FALL/AUTUMN
Craft Rocket Challenge- DOTS and/or STRIPES

Supplies
Stamp- Thanksgiving (Stampendous)
Ink- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Infinity Circle die (HA);
foam tape; twine; Dots Embossing folder

No comments: