Friday 6 September 2024

Your Special Day!

Welcome
Today's card features this beautiful butterfly and the new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card. 
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed the Flower Globe stencil over that.  I inked with these Distress Oxide colours:  Salty Ocean, Uncharted Mariner, Shaded Lilac and some Villainous Potion.
  • Next, I cut the stenciled flower circle in half and die cut the background of the wings from each side of the circle.
  • I die cut the outline of the butterfly with some black cardstock and then glued it over the piece I had cut from the circles to complete the look of the butterfly.
  • I glued the 2 halves of the circles onto a piece of white cardstock and then onto a piece of black and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the butterfly over the circles, matching up the pattern.
  • I added some bling all along the butterfly body and then stamped the sentiment with Versamark and white heat embossed it.  I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment underneath the butterfly.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
A Cut Above- ANYTHING GOES
Try It On Tues.- MAKE IT COLORFUL
Crazy is our Fame- Stencils are our Game- ANYTHING GOES (option: Fall)

Supplies
Stamps- Simple Sentiment Strips (TE)
Inks- Versamark; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil and gems (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Detailed Butterflies die (TH- Sizzix); foam tape

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful! The stenciled colors coordinate well together and make a very appealing background for the silhouette butterfly image. Overall attractive card. Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's September Anything Goes With A Die Cut and Monochromatic Option Challenge.

Pat said...

This is a very pretty circular stencil Karen, and love the purple and blue and then the contrast of the black die cut butterfly, black mat and white on black sentiment, and then some pretty gems you added onto the butterfly to finish. x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Who doesn't love a butterfly and placing it over that circular stencil was genius. The colors you chose made the butterfly pop. Thanks for sharing this beauty at Try it on Tuesday.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you have centred to butterfly between the circles, Karen - a fabulous card as a result
Blessings
Maxine

Meggymay said...

A beautiful colourful background for your lovely butterfly. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

I love the background colors. They really make the butterfly pop. This is a great card for our colorful challenge at TIOT. Thanks for joining us. hugs-Erika