Saturday 14 September 2024

Fright Night

Welcome
I'm creating some cards for Halloween and today's card features the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs that is called:
This stencil is really a fun one since it has 3 sizes of moons to use.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and secured the Moon Man stencil over my paper...I used the middle sized image.  I inked that up with some Hickory Smoke and some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.
  • I wanted the background to have lots of interest so I masked off the moon and then placed the Cloud Edger stencil (an older release) over the moon and inked with some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink. I kept shifting the cloud stencil down until the entire panel was all inked up.
  • I splattered with water and then set aside to dry.
  • Next, I die cut the sentiment with some black cardstock and sprayed with some Peeled Paint Distressed stain.  I cut the sentiment 3 more times and glued them all together so the sentiment would be raised.
  • I glued my card front onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base.
  • I added the sentiment along the bottom and then added the black bats.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
The Paper Funday- CREATE YOUR OWN BKG
Crazy is Our Fame- Stencils are Our Game- FALL FRENZY/ANYTHING GOES
Shopping Our Stash- DON'T REALLY NEED ANOTHER ONE

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX; Distressed Spritz
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Vault Gothic Portraits die (TH)

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a wonderful fun card Karen with the man in the moon on the cloudy night sky, and the added bats, together with the black and green spattered sentiment make one spooky card. x

aussie aNNie said...

Karen, now that is one awesome moon stencil, created perfectly by you, awesome background x