Wednesday 16 October 2024

Snowy Holiday Greetings


Welcome
Today's card has a very frosty look to it featuring the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by embossing a piece of white cardstock using the Burlap EB folder.
  • I placed the Flake Explosion stencil over the embossed background and inked it up with some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.  I added some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink just to the center of the snowflakes to give them more interest.
  • I removed the stencil and used the Hemstitch die to cut out the middle area creating a frame.
  • I stamped the sentiment with more of the Uncharted Mariner DOX ink and die cut it out.
  • I glued the stenciled card front onto a piece of navy cardstock and then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment and finally, I added 3 silver gems under the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD TEXTURE
Everybody Art- SWEATER WEATHER
The Holly and Ivy Christmas- ANYTHING CHRISTMAS 

Supplies
Stamp- Holiday Sentiments (Photoplay)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tool- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Hemstitch die (Spellbinders);
Burlap Embossing folder (Honeybee); TE Blending Brushes; foam tape; silver gems

2 comments:

Pat said...

I love this stencil Karen and as well as snowflakes it looks like frosty glass, and the Tumbled Glass and Uncharted Mariner blue Dox inks are the perfect background colour, and perfectly finished with that pretty hemstitch frame and stamped and die cut sentiment over the top. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What clever texture you have given this beautiful card Karen. x