Wednesday 9 February 2022

Icy Snowflakes


Good Morning
This card started as a 'fail' but I tried to rescue it and was very pleased with the final results.
Icy cold is what we have had here where I live, so this card was a perfect one to speak to the winter weather all around me.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • As I mentions above, this card started as a 'fail'.  Why do I say that?  I had cut a white piece of cardstock and tried to use this new snowflake die I got for Christmas to cut it out.  WELL, the cardstock I was cutting was too thick and the die make an impression instead of cutting.  I looked at it and thought....hmmmmm.  Time to rescue it.
  • I took the panel and rubbed some Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink all over the front of the panel.  I loved how the snowflake stood out and stayed white....SAVE!
  • I cut the panel down to fit a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch size card when finished. 
  • To add interest, I first splattered with a good amount of water to lift some of the ink, then splattered with my white Posca pen to add a more snowy look to my card.
  • While that dried, I die cut the sentiment 3 times and glued them together.  
  • When the inked panel was dry, I glued it onto a white card base, then added the sentiment and a few little blue gems.
 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- WITH LOVE
The Four Seasons- ANYTHING GOES WINTER
Papercraft Challenges- WINTER WONDERLAND


Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX 
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Snowflake die (Amazon); TE inking brushes; blue gems;
Peace die (SSS)

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great save Karen and a pretty effect with the snowflakes staying white. Vibrant and Happy card x.

Darlene said...

Oh Karen this is absolutely awesome! LOVE your overall design ... perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super rescue and a beautiful card Karen.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Such a beautiful card Karen, I love the design and the snowflakes are just beautiful, Kate x

Pat said...

If you hadn't said we would all have thought that this was the intended outcome Karen and love the blue with the white layered sentiment which really stands out over the top. x

Jeanne H said...

Well done. I love blue and white and your card is so pretty.

kiwimeskreations said...

A great 'save' karen, and a stunning card - this is wonderful, no wonder you are happy with it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Donna Walls said...

Great Save! I love the snowflake impression and the blue creates a lovely wintery background. Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge! Donna

Diane said...

Beautiful wintery card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Melanie Hungerford said...

Turned out great, even if a little differently than planned! Love the ice cold shade of blue too. Thanks for joining us at Four Seasons!

Bonnie said...

A great save, my friend!