Monday 21 February 2022

Grazing in the Woods


Welcome
Today's card is a simple one.
I got this lovely die from one of my boys for Christmas and wanted to use it.
I pulled out this inked piece of cardstock found sitting in my stash, one that I had rolled ink off my brayer while Gel Plate printing.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • After I found this inked piece of cardstock, I placed the die into the center of sheet and die cut the deer in the woods and set it aside.  (the ink I brayered onto  the paper was Blueprint Sketch, Cracked Pistachio and some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink)
  • To give the scene a shadow effect, I die cut a piece of white cardstock and glued it to the back of the inked die cut piece, off setting it a bit.
  • Using my white Posca pen, I added splatters to look like snow and give more interest to the scene.
  • I added some foam tape to the back of the piece and added it to a white card base.  (my finished card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2")


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look

Adding my card to these challenges:
Critter Crazy- FEATURE AN ANIMAL
Little Red Wagon- MASCULINE


Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxide 
Paper- white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- die (Amazon); white Posca pen; foam tape; brayer

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, your son has become the best shopper! Stunning scene, fabulous time to pull out one of your saved papers!
=]

Loll said...

Wow! Your son sure knows what dies to pick for you! This is gorgeous, and how sweet that you had a piece in your stash that are the perfect colours. Beautiful card, my friend! xx

Pat said...

This is a fabulous die and a great gift from your son Karen, and it looks beautiful on that scrap piece, and the white offset underneath makes it pop even more. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm here with both hats on today Karen and have to say that I love the shading on this fabulous die. What a wonderful present to have from your thoughtful sons. With my DT hat on I'll say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

JanR said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Such wonderful colours, and that die cut is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

cuilliesocks said...

How beautiful Karen, it's a gorgeous die and what a lovely card you've created, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

The shadow effect looks great, wonderful colours from your rolled off inks and a fabulous winter scene Karen x.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Hi there Karen! I'm so happy to see your stunning card in our gallery at 52CCT!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Karen - love the way you gave the die cut some dimension by adding the 'shadow' layer
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Doris Klein said...

Fantastic make.. love the colours!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Goga said...

Fantastic winter card. Thank you for joning us at 52CCT. Goga