Sunday 20 February 2022

Birthday Hugs


Welcome
Time for a bright, happy clean and simple card.
So easy to create using this fun Mid Century Shadow stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.

So here's what a did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock and positioned it onto my Stencil Mat with the 4 Mid Century Shadow stencil over it.  (This stencil comes with the cut away masks, so it's easy to ink with different colours as you can pop the mask into areas you don't want to ink up)
  • I started at the top and inked up the first panel with some Mustard Seeds Distress Oxide ink, then masked and moved down to ink up the next area with some Picked Raspberry DOX ink.  I continued that process down the panel, inking, masking using some Cracked Pistachio then finally some Peacock Feathers DOX ink.  
  • I removed all the mask and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I placed the inked panel into my Misti and stamped the flowers to one side, leaving room to stamp the sentiment in the bottom corner.
  • I glued it onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto a white card base.
 

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
CAS on Friday- SPRING FLOWERS
Less is More- BIRTHDAY
We Love Stamping- STAMPING optional STENCIL

Supplies
Stamps- Insightful Meadow (Unity); Birthday Hug (Penny Black)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes;
white Posca pen; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower)

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How beautiful, a lovely rainbow with fab silhouette stamp. Love it
Faith x

Loll said...

Such a fun and colourful birthday card Karen! xx

Bonnie said...

What a great stencil, Karen! I love the bright blocks of color with the wild flowers!

brenda said...

A lovely rainbow of colour to brighten a dark windy Monday morning, many thanks for sharing and joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Kathyk said...

A fab make

Kathyk

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking and vibrant card and love the colours too Karen x.

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, you've found a beautiful way to wrap a hug!
=]

cuilliesocks said...

What a brilliant card Karen, I love those blocks of bright colours and the floral silhouette, it's beautifully designed, and a super sentiment, Kate x

HilaryJane said...

Such a lovely cheery card, love that stencil and what fantastic splatters. The background is enhanced by your silhouette stamp. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at we love stamping xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful, colourful card Karen. Great use of the stencil and a fabulous result with the silhouette stamping
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lynne said...

Super colourful card Karen, thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.