Friday 18 February 2022

Soaking Up the Sun


Good Morning
I just can't wait for some better weather to arrive.  
Big snowstorm here where I live yesterday.  
I do live near a Conservation Area, so this stamp always reminds me of that.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by creating the background.  I did that using my Gel Plate and a fun technique I first saw Lydia Fiedler do on one of her lives.  
  • So, I pressed Salty Ocean into the center of my plate, then some Blueprint Sketch along the sides and brayered the colours together.
  • Now here's the fun part.......I gently folded my Gel Plate in half, letting the sides touch mostly in the middle.  I opened it back up, laid it flat and then rubbed a piece of white cardstock over the plate to take my print.  It looked so cool...like water.  (To see another bkg I did this way, go HERE)
  • I got out this beautiful Egrets in Reeds and placed it into my Misti.  I inked it up with black ink and stamped over my Gel Plate print.  
  • I cut my card base at 4 1/4 inches square, then glued the panel to a piece of matching cardstock, then onto the card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- MAKE IT MASCULINE
Crafty Animals- ANYTHING WITH AN ANIMAL GOES
Crafter's Cafe- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG


Supplies
Stamp- Egrets in Reeds (Magenta)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Gel Plate; Speedball Brayer; Misti

11 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very cool, thanks for explaining - I love all the different techniques you share.
Barb Housner

Sarn said...

Soooo cool. Love this. MUST try out that folding technique! X

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Karen what an amazing result from your use of the gelli plate - love this card, it's stunning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lori m said...

Just stunning, love the blue background and the detail. Stay warm we have white outs going on now and the winds are supposed to kick up soon, hugs, Lori m

Stephanie Adams said...

Wow, I learn so many amazing little techniques from you Karen! Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and inspiration! Stef x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, your card is absolutely stunning, I love the scene and the reflection on the shimmering water is superb, wonderful design, Kate x

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Karen. I do love this stamp and you always make the most wonderful cards with it. What is with this weather?? It's time for the snow to be gone (rain here!) and to have some warmer weather. Stay warm and dry! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Absoulutly stunning Karen, folding the gel plate has made an amazing background perfect for your Egret ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! looking at in Bloglovin, this card seemed to be an evening photo, a STUNNING card Karen.
Faith x

Carole said...

This is so cool. I cannot wait to try it. The look of sunlight dancing on the water is just amazing. Makes me wish I had that silhouette stamp. I'll create the water but will need to use a different stamp.

Bonnie said...

Wow! This does look like water, Karen! I need to try this! A great card for the guys!