Tuesday 8 February 2022

Many Thanks


Hello and Welcome
Meet today's card.
Again, I am using a previously painted Gel Plate print.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I looked through my Gel Plate prints and roll off sheets that I keep in a folder just for this reason.  This one wasn't pretty, so I decided to try and make it into something.
  • I placed the piece into this lovely embossing folder called Scandinavian Christmas that I got as a gift and ran it through my machine.
  • Using a sanding block, I sanded off the raised areas to reveal the design. Be sure to sand carefully over the cardstock as too much pressure may tear the paper.
  • I brushed away the residue left from the sanding and glued the panel onto a heavy white card base.
  • I splattered the panel using my white Posca pen to add a snowy effect.
  • I stamped the sentiment and cut it out, then used some foam tape to mount it into the middle of my card front.
  • I added 3 green gems under the sentiment.


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
CRAFT- WINTER
Crafty Gals Corner- SNOW MUCH FUN
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Thank you (Studio G)
Inks- DOX, acrylic paint
Paper- white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Scandinavian Christmas eb folder(SSS); sanding block; 
foam tape; green gems; painted cardstock

8 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Karen, I love the embossed background and it's colour, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful texture and love the simple greeting with the gorgeous background Kate.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful work Karen - great use of a 'not so appealing' piece to make a stunning card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Alexander said...

Great background, the sanding really makes the images pop.

Sheryl said...

Beautifully embossed and distressed background.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Pat said...

Well this turned out brilliantly by adding the embossing and then sanding to reveal the pretty pattern Karen, and the green stamp sentiment works well with the three added green gems to finish. x

Bonnie said...

I love the look of the embossing and sanding on this, Karen! A great way to use a background that you didn't like as well as others!

Carole J said...

I love this, Karen! The sanding of the embossed areas gives a beautiful shabby effect. Nice and simple, but loads of interest :)
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations