Saturday 26 February 2022

Celebration Time


Welcome
It's the weekend and time to play!!
I was looking through my stencils mindlessly, trying to think about what I wanted to create.  
I like to have birthday cards on hand, so decided to go with that plan.  
I love this fun stencil, just add a few bright colours and you can make a great card.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by pulling out my Stencil Mat and cut a piece of white cardstock.  
  • I got out this fun stencil called Round Fragments from A Colorful Life Designs...one of my favs.  I decided to stencil these fun flower shapes in a totally random way, so I masked off around the largest shape and added that into the bottom corner of my white cardstock panel using some Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry and a hint of Rusty Hinge right in the very center.  
  • I continued to move the stencil around over my card front, masking and placing some of the flower shapes into the corners and then more into the center area.  I inked the dots from that same  stencil to fill in the open areas.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I stamped the 'Happy' and die cut it out, then stamped the 'Birthday' onto another piece of white cardstock and cut that out.  
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of matching pink cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.
  • I glued the Happy onto the card front, then pop dot mounted the Birthday under that.
  • To finish my card off, I added 3 pink gems just around the sentiment.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and have a great weekend.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Crafter's Cafe- MYO BACKGROUND

Supplies
Stamps- Happy (The Stamp Market); Birthday (SU)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Round Fragments stencil (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes, 
painter's tape for masking; white Posca pen, orange gems (Dollar Tree); foam tape

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

That's a fab stencil so I can see why it's one of your faves - cracking make with it too

Kathyk

cuilliesocks said...

Love your fabulous brightly coloured card Karen, it's a super stencil, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Vibrant card, wonderful blended colours through that striking stencil and a really Happy card Karen x.

Pat said...

The bright colours bring this stencil to life Karen and it makes the perfect background for this beautiful birthday card. x

Christine Alexander said...

Great colour combo for your stencil. such warm colours ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful vibrant colours Karen, and awesome, original use of the stencil. A fabulous card as a result
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Karen your round fragments look like fireworks to me - SO fabulous for a birthday!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. Love it.
Faith x

Bonnie said...

This is so festive and fun, Karen!