Thursday 10 February 2022

Paper Scraps- Use Your Scraps


Good Morning
I've decided to do a series of cardmaking over the next few weeks, showing how to use those paper scraps you know we all have hanging around in our craft space. 
I keep all mine in a container as I often have strips leftover when cutting down a Gel Plate print to make it card size.  I'm on a mission to use those scraps and hopefully, create some nice looking cards using them.
To see all the cards I will include in this series go to the tutorials bar above and find
USE YOUR SCRAPS

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting 4 squares that were 2 1/4 x 2 1/4" from white cardstock to use as the base for gluing all the strips onto.
  • I got out my container with all the paper strips that I save.  Like I mentioned above, they are stenciled, stamped, gel plate printed or just just plain inked pieces that I got when cutting down larger panels to make my card fronts.
  • I cut the strips down; some are 1/2" and some are 1/4" wide.  I randomly glued them onto the 4 white cardstock squares that I had cut from above.
  • I splattered the panels with my white Posca pen.
  • While they dried, I stamped the sentiment and die cut it out.  I cut a slightly larger circle from some bliue cardstock and glued them together.
  • I cut my card base- finished card size is 5"x 5".  
  • I glued the 4 squares together onto another piece of white cardstock and then glued that onto my card base.
  • I pop dot mounted the sentiment into the center of my card.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Circle Tags (Avery Elle)
Inks- Versafine Clair; (many Distress Oxide inks; acrylic paint etc used on strips)
Paper- white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Infinity Circle dies) HA; pop dots; white Posca pen

12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous! Jo x

SherylH said...

Wonderful card! I enjoy seeing cards using scraps so am looking forward to your upcoming series.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love the vibrant and gorgeous colours. Great design Karen.
Faith x

Glennis F said...

A great idea Karen

cuilliesocks said...

Oh I just love your card Karen, what a great use of scraps and the colours are fabulous, beautifully bright design, Kate x

I Card Everyone said...

There seems to be a theme going around in card making land, Karen! I've taken a fresh look at my snippets bin this week!
I adore your design! These beautiful scraps should never go to waste!
=]

Bonnie said...

All the colors and techniques on these strips make a really interesting and festive card!

JenniferE said...

Super cute! Love all of the colors

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Karen - and a much easier way to use strips than I use - thanks for the inspiration
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous, Karen. Such a unique way to use up those Gellipapers. Now that I'm using my Gelliplate more I'm finding I have scraps. This series will be fun to see what I can do with them.

Christine Alexander said...

such a creative way to use the scraps, I love the card ♥

Mac Mable said...

Fun and creative card and the strips look amazing Karen x.