Saturday 19 February 2022

Fly Away


Good Morning and Welcome to the weekend.
Here is today's card.  
Super simple but I think very fun.
This leftover piece was just big enough to make a mini slimline card which is a bit smaller then the regular size.  
A standard Slimline card is size is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 whereas a Mini Slimline is 6" x 3".  
(to see an envelope I made the right size for this card, go HERE)

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I found this inked background in my stash.  It was the bottom cut off from a larger piece.  Now I'm totally guessing about what I did as it has been sitting in my stash for a long time.  I would have to say I did a 'smooshing' technique to add the colour.  Most likely my go-to colours of Distress Oxide inks would have been Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Cracked Pistachio.  When I say smooshing, I mean that I rubbed the inks directly onto my Glass Mat, sprayed with lots of water and smacked my paper into the wet ink.  I like to dry in between and repeat that process to get lots of splatters. I think I may have given it a spray with the blue as well.
  • I placed the inked piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment with some black ink.  I clear heat embossed it to help make it pop.
  • I set that aside and stamped the vintage airplane onto a piece of white cardstock, then I die cut it out.  I left it white so it would show up better over the colourful background.
  • I glued the inked panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto my card base.
  • I pop dotted the airplane at the top of the card front.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- SLIMLINE
Little Red Wagon- MAKE IT MASCULINE
CASology- AFFECTION

Supplies
Stamps- Smile Often (Impression Obsession); Sky is the Limit (SU)
Inks- Versafine Clair, Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Plane die (SU); Glass Mat (TH); Lawn Fawn eb powder; 
heat tool; Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

9 comments:

Pat said...

This is a super background Karen, and I love the bi-plane and sentiment on this brilliant masculine card. x

cuilliesocks said...

A brilliant card Karen and I love the sentiment, a fabulous background too, Kate x

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Karen! Loving that sentiment and your background is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Christine Alexander said...

Great background for your plane and sentiment. Love the card

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karen - love that 'scrap' background and the way the plane is popped up makes it really stand out. A great sentiment too!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

sandie said...

How fab Karen you had this background in your stash! I love the feeling of strength this card gives from the images and this lovely fresh background adds a nice contrast to this. That font is so funky, I love it and am tempted to look it up! And the image is the perfect match for it. So good to see you at CASology xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is just wonderful, love the plane with the large sentiment.
Faith x

Bonnie said...

A fun card with a fantastic sentiment!

Mac Mable said...

Great masculine card with a fabulous sentiment Karen x.