Wednesday 2 February 2022

Put Your Hands Up!!

 


Good Morning
Meet today's card.
Super simple one using this Love Hands Mask from A Colorful Life Designs.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a white cardstock panel and placed the Love Hands Mask over it.  
  • I wanted to give this simple card more of a unique look, so instead of inking with my Blending Brushes, I rubbed my Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink pad directly onto my non-stick craft mat and used a baby wipe to pick up the ink and dabbed it over the mask.  I love the mottled look it gave to the inking.
  • When the ink was dry, I stamped the sentiment and clear heat embossed it.
  • I glued the inked panel onto another piece of white cardstock and foam tape mounted it on a tilt over a white card base.



Here is the mask I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
CASology- AFFECTION
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Shopping Our Stash- MY HEART BEETS FOR YOU


Supplies
Stamps- Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios)
Ink- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- Love Hands Mask (ACLD); baby wipe; Non-stick craft mat (Ranger)
Clear eb powder; heat tool; foam tape



 

10 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, what a fabulous design, I love the hands with the heart, super colours as usual, Kate x

Pat said...

That is a wonderful look using a baby wipe to add the ink through that fun stencil Karen, and great contrast with the black sentiment. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a fun Congrats card. Love it Karen
Faith x

dj said...

Your hand/heart mask is perfect for our "my heart beets for you" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along!!

Mac Mable said...

Fun and eye catching card and fabulous as a Congratulations card Karen x.

I Card Everyone said...

whoot, whoot! SO fun!!
=]

Bonnie said...

Baby wipes are awesome for so many things and this is one great example! Wonderful, fun caard, Karen!

SmilynStef said...

love the unique inky effect ... so glad you joined our HEART Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness, what a bold and eyecatching card... that's a FABULOUS stencil and you've used it brilliantly! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!

Nancy said...

Fabulous use of inks! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!