Sunday 25 November 2018

All is Calm

Happy Sunday!
I had time to create a quick and simple card using a leftover piece of Yupo paper that I inked up with some Ranger Alcohol inks and some Blending Solution.  I had it sitting in my stash as I didn't get time to create a card with it until today.

I just picked up this great Tim Holtz birch die and used it to cut some heavy white cardstock.  I placed that over the inked background and glued it all down. It made for a super quick card front.
Next, I placed the piece inside my Misti and stamped the PB sentiment with black ink to make it pop.
Like I said in a previous post, I am getting so much use from this simple set.
I die-cut the deer and glued that over the tree bkg and mounted it all over a simple white card.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More- CLEAN AND SIMPLE
Time Out- BLACK, WHITE, and ONE OTHER COLOR
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Christmas Sentiments (Penny Black)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento, Ranger Alcohol inks
Paper- Yupo; heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Deer Trio die (Memory Box);
Branched Birch die (TH); Blending Solution (Ranger)


16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful card, love the alcohol inked background and the white die cuts look stunning x.

nancy littrell said...

Wonderful AI green background for your birch tree die, Karen. Love how you added the deer for an elegant scene and your perfectly matched sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Carolyn L said...

Karen, there are many birch tree cards out there but yours made my mouse stop on its very own! It captures the peace of the forest and wildlife in the most creative, effective way using materials only an artist would choose. Thank you for sharing this inspirational piece.

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Karen absolutely gorgeous, love the die and your colours, makes a wonderful scene, Kate x

sandie said...

What a fabulous scene you have created Karen-so atmospheric. That background seems to have so much movement in it. And I adore you kept the die white...gives it the CAS look I love! Thanks for joining Time Out

Aileen said...

beautiful card my friend, I love the background, those greens look amazing and the die cuts are a perfect add.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful QCAS card to add to your stack. Love your AI background with your tree and deer die cut :)

Pat said...

This green acohol ink background is so pretty Karen, and the white die cut layer with the trees and the deer really pops against that background, and the sentiment stamped in black ink also stands out so well too. Gorgeous! x

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful alcohol ink background and perfect for the birches and deer! It is a calm and bright scene!

Bev Gerard said...

So stunning, Karen! I adore alcohol inks & yupo paper ... but rarely need anything TH. Well, until now! LOL

Susan said...

Love the vibrant green with the white! And also love the white deer against the white trees.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card - love the greens behind the fabulous die cut Karen - The sentiment and deer 'finish' it beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

papierelle said...

So beautiful. I feel at home because that's what it looks like when I step out the front door.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Karen. Love the mix of greens for your beautiful background. Perfect with the birch tree die-cut and deer. I love this sentiment set from Penny Black and use it A LOT! xx

Jill V said...

Simply stunning - I love how that alcohol inked background looks behind that beautiful die cut scene - love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Crafty Humphreys said...

Clever, simple and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge. Suz xxx