Monday 5 November 2018

Holiday Greetings

Hello
Meet today's card.
A very simple CAS holiday card using a new greeting set I just picked up.

I began by masking my card front with some Post-It Tape.  I like the look of a clean, white border.
Next, I placed the masked piece into my Misti, inked up the tree branch with some Evergreen Bough DOX ink, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated that process with some Lucky Clover DOX ink right over the first stamping.
Next, I stamped the sentiment and clear heat embossed it to help make it pop..
To add interest to the background, I then stamped using the PB Script stamp.
I sponged the edges with some Peacock Feathers DOX but it just needed something more.  So, I grabbed the Grunge Dots stencil from A Colorful Life and randomly stenciled in some of the circles.  It added the perfect finishing touch.
Using some red Nuvo Drops, I gave the evergreen branch some red berries and splattered the whole piece with some white acrylic paint.  
I removed the tape and mounted it simply to a white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
613 Avenue Create- ANYTHING GOES/ OPTION CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- Pine Leaf (Darkroom Door)= Hand Lettered Holiday Greetings (MFT)= Script (PB)
Inks- DOX= Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia)= clear eb powder= heat tool= 
Grunge Dots stencil (A Colorful Life)= Red Nuvo Drops= Sponging tool (TH)= Post-It Tape


18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this pine branch and the large sentiment, Karen! The background stamping and stenciling add wonderful dimension without bulk!

Ellibelle said...

An amazing creation Karen, CAS with fabulous stamping! Love it!

Pat said...

The pine branches look so pretty Karen and love that new large sentiment, and some beautiful stencilling in the background too. A wonderful card in really pretty colours. x

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is STUNNING Karen!! Love the pine branches and all the layers on your background...so beautiful how you just kept adding but with no bulk! LOVE it!! :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Really stunning, and easy to mail! Love it, Karen!
=]

nancy littrell said...

I loved the highlights on your everygreen boughs using the 2 shades of green. What an inspiring thought to add red berries to your greens for the holidays. Wonderful circles and script stamping for even more interest and dimension, Karen. Your new sentiment is beautiful too. TFS your beautiful Christmas card, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

Love the colours of the pine branch - so subtle against your wonderful background!

Loll said...

LOVE the colours of your card Karen. The evergreen bough is gorgeous paired with black and white. Beautiful design with your masked borders and wonderful cedar branch. Great additions with the script stamping and dot stenciling. The nuvo dots tie it to the black embossed large sentiment. AWESOME design! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, I love your combination of stamping, stenciling and sponging. Such a beautiful card :)

Anke said...

Oh Karen your card is so amazing, fantastic work ...

Hugs
Anke

papierelle said...

I'm in love with your beautiful christmas card!! Great work!!

Mac Mable said...

Great colour combination and always love how you use the post it notes for the edge. The pine leaf stamp looks great and so does your background stamping. Wonderful CAS card X

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous Christmas card!!! The colors are like a morning frost, crisp and airy light. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Bev Polen said...

Karen, this is a striking card with the fantastic stenciling and stamped images. The text of the sentiment is fantastic! Great card, Karen!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So fresh and pretty - a wonderful frosty feel.

Viv said...

Another gorgeous card again Karen.Great colour and design, I love the bold sentiment too ;) hugs Viv xx

LaVon Hall said...

You make it sound like something I might be able give a try! Just love the look of this card. Thanks for sharing the ink colors you used and inspiring us all!

Tee said...

Simply Beautiful!!