Monday 26 November 2018

Flurries

Hello and Welcome.
Here is a simple, clean card I made for the holidays. 
I just picked up the Concord and 9th Snowflakes Turnaround stamp.  These turnarounds are made so easy by using a Misti for positioning.  You will find many videos and ways to do this on YouTube.

So for my card, I wanted to use a combination of  greens, (even though the picture looks blue).  I positioned my stamp inside my Misti and inked the first time with some Iced Spruce Distress ink and stamped.  I rotated the stamp and inked with some Peeled Paint DI.  I repeated that process 2 more times using some Lucky Clover and then some Evergreen Bough DI.
I removed that piece of my Misti, cut it down to size to fit my card front.  Next, I stamped the snowflake one more time on another piece of cardstock so I could die-cut it using a circle die to use as the focal point for my card.
I placed the circle snowflake inside my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black over the top.

I mounted the background onto a plain white card base and pop dotted the snowflake over that.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE
Allsorts- INSPIRED BY A SONG
(Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow)
Creative Knockouts- SNOW MUCH FUN



Supplies
Stamps- Snowflakes (Concord and 9th); Christmas Sentiments (PB)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress inks- Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint, Lucky Clover,
Evergreen Bough (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); circle die- Spellbinders; Cuttlebug


12 comments:

Pat said...

A gorgeous card Karen and love the pretty all over snowflake design with just the additional snowflake over the top with the sentiment. x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful snowflake design with your different shades of green, Karen. Love how you popped up your single snowflake with the sentiment. This would be a fun design to make multiples. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

Your snowflakes are far superior to those I'm receiving today, Karen! So very, very pretty - and gorgeous colors!
=]

Loll said...

Beautiful card filled with pretty snowflakes. Lovely design with the different shades of blue/green and your single popped up snowflakes. Always inspiring, Karen! xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card and great stamping technique with the turnarounds.So unique and wonderful x

Linby said...

What a pretty and intricate card.Thanks for sharing with us at allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Bonnie said...

What a pretty snowstorm, Karen! Love these shades of green and the one snowflake in the circle up front!

Christine Alexander said...

I love your snowflake background so neat with the turnaround stamp, I'm going to have to check that one out. So pretty in the blues and greens.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautifully designed and executed card Karen. Love the variations of colour, and the way you have made the focal panel
Blessings
Maxine

Mervi said...

Lovely snowflakes card!
Great song inspiration!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely mix of greens and blues on your beautiful snowflake stampings Karen! a wonderful winter card!

Jessica K said...

SOOO pretty and I love love love the colors you chose! Fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.ca