Sunday 18 November 2018

Snowy Christmas Greetings


Good Morning
It is cold and frosty here in Ontario and my card reflects this season of icy cold.
I'm not a huge fan of winter but I must say I love making snowflake cards.  Go figure!?

So onto my card.
I began with creating my background.  I wanted to get a good colour blend so I made my own stamp pad.  I did that by pressing my Peacock Feather, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans DOX inks directly onto my non-stick craft mat, sprayed with water and then dabbed my stamp into the wet ink, moving it around to get good coverage.  I stamped onto my paper then went back in and filled in with some more snowflakes.
To add to the snowy feel, I splattered white acrylic paint all over the top of the inked panel.
While that dried, I stamped the large snowflake onto white cardstock using the same inks and technique as above.  I think this individual snowflake is from an older Hero Arts set? 
I cut it down and mounted it onto white, then I added a shiny Nuvo drop to the center of the snowflake.
I placed the large background into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Technique Tues. then pop dotted the big snowflake over that.  Simple mounted the whole piece onto a white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
My Time to Craft- LET IT SNOW
4 Crafty Chicks- SNOWFLAKES


Supplies
Stamps- Christmas Cheer (TT)= Snowflake Backdrops (WPlus 9)= Single Snowflake (HA?)
Inks- DOX (TH)= Memento black
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia)= Sparkle Nuvo Drops= white acrylic paint=
 non-stick craft mat= Mister (TH)

12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Karen
Gr Karin

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

What a fab card. Thank you for taking part in number 384 of the "My Time To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, love those icy cold colours. Perfect for your snowflakes :)

Susan said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love all the shades of blue and the single snowflake as a focal point.

Loll said...

Gorgeous, icy looking card Karen. Love the way you've created that beautiful artsy background by using your craft mat as your stamp pad. AWESOME! The single snowflake is just the perfect focal point. Amazing design, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful, artsy snowflake background, Karen! I love how you've added a more crisp snowflake with it's little frame over top! I love snowflakes on cards and in the air!

Pat said...

A lovely design Karen and a great technique. I have never tried inking my stamp in that way so must give it a try as it is so pretty and love the three blues you have used, and a wonderful contrast with the black ink for the sentiment. x

Bunny said...

What a beautiful blue and white creations. [Bunny]```

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful collage background for your single snowflake. I love how you created your own ink color by combining 3 Distress inks on your mat. The Nuvo drop adds a pretty bit of bling too. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Donna Ellis said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for explaining your creative process, Karen! hugs, de

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

Lori Turner said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoox