Friday 16 November 2018

Collaged Christmas- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and Welcome
Time for another card for the 

Our theme this month is Christmas Florals and or Greenery.


This is the perfect challenge to get a few more holiday cards made.
I love making collage-style cards but I don't think I have ever done one for Christmas so today was the day.

It is such fun to see how many stamps you can add and is a great way to get more mileage from your stamp collection.  I find that this technique works best if you stay in the same colour palette.  It is easy and fun to try too.
So, I began by masking off my card front to help give me a defined area to stamp inside of.
I have been very happy using the Post-It Tape that my DH picked up from Staples.
I placed the masked piece inside my Misti and positioned the poinsettia called Red Star along the bottom edge.  It was the biggest stamp I would be using and I wanted it to be the focal point.
I coloured the stamp using different shades of red Tombow markers, sprayed with water and stamped onto my cardstock.  I clear heat embossed to help the colours pop and to create a resist for the other stamp I was about to do around it.
Next, I did some Acetate inking on the background to add colour.
Then, I went ahead and stamped in the background being sure to leave a little 'white' relief space. I also did some stenciling using this great stencil called Simple Mosaic.  I love the smaller size of the squares on this one.   
When I was happy with the collage stamping, I stamped the sentiment in black and sponged along the masked edges with some more of the red.  I splattered the whole piece with some white acrylic paint,  removed the Post-It tape and then I scored a border all around the inked area.



I hope you check out all the inspiring cards from our talented DT and our guest Maura this month.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More- HOLIDAY
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES
CRAFT- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- Red Star (Penny Black)= Stillness (Penny Black)= Weathered Clock (Hampton Arts)= Texture Mini(Carabelle)= Collage Des Ronds (Carabelle)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento= Distress Oxides- Candied Apple, Fired Brick= 
Tombow Markers
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- ScorPal= Post It Tape= white acrylic paint= Misti (My Sweet Petunia)=
paint brush= Mister (TH)

15 comments:

Loll said...

You are a master when it comes to collage stamping, stenciling, and sponging. This is another gorgeous card using your talents. I have not seen a Christmas card like this before. It's really beautiful and there's just so much going on to look at. Fantastic design, Karen! xx

Pat said...

Wonderful stamping and stencilling as usual Karen and love the red tones with the large black sentiment. A beautiful card! x

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty Karen, I love the layering and all those pretty reds and pinks :)

Marcia Hill said...

What a FABULOUS card Karen!! I think I've been studying it for the past 15 minutes trying to take in each detail!! You are definitely the Queen of collage and this is something I think I'd like to try more of as you are so right about having so many different stamps, stencils, etc. that could be getting more mileage! Lovely, lovely card Karen!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Such a fabulous layering collage effect on your amazing background. Love the tones and what a fabulous poinsettia flower. All so wonderfully water coloured, artsy and stunning X

Sheryl said...

Beautifully stamped card.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl xx

nancy littrell said...

You are the Queen of Collage stamping, Karen. I love your stamped poinsettia with several shades of red and then heat embossed. A gorgeous main image. Your collage stamping is so beautiful and has just the right amount of white space. Love your scored frame around your image and masked white space. As always, a wonderful sentiment stamped in black. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Bonnie said...

When I try to do this, it looks like garbage, but you do it and it's gorgeous! Maybe I need more practice. You have certainly mastered the technique and your card is beautiful, Karen!

Susan said...

What a beautiful collage to showcase the poinsettia! I'm amazed by your skill at combining images. The scored frame sets it off perfectly.

Bobby said...

Mixed media scares me, Karen, but you have the technique down pat. This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

My Paper Epiphany said...

So unique and beautiful! I love the different shades of red and collage style:)

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so creative and unique, Karen! Love your beautiful collage stamping and stenciling in the same color palette!
Hideko xx

Linda said...

This is beautiful. The CAS design looks gorgeous, your collage stamping is amazing and I love the festive red. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

sweet art designs said...

I always love looking at your cards. You pulled off another great one. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT