Sunday 11 November 2018

Twelve Tags of Christmas

Hello and Welcome
It's time for Day Seven of Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas event.



I have the huge pleasure of being a part of Loll's tag event again this year.  



All the tags are so inspiring and I hope you get a chance to check them all out and be inspired to play along with us.

So onto the details of my tag.
I began with a piece of Yupo paper and I applied some Ranger Alcohol inks in greens over my paper then added some Blending Solution to get the colour moving.  
After it was nice and dry, I die-cut the tag shape using a die from MFT,  placed the inked piece inside my Misti and stamped the Poinsettia Sketch using some Versamark ink. Next, I silver heat embossed the image being sure not to overheat as your Yupo paper will melt.  I keep moving my heat gun around and it seem to work fine.  
To help make the flower pop against the monochromatic background, I lifted some of the ink by dipping a paintbrush into some Blending Solution and painted just a touch over the flower, using a paper towel to wipe off my paint brush every time.  It really helped make the flower the star of the show.


When I was happy with the way the flower looked, I rubbed my Versamark pad along the edge of my tag and did some more silver heat embossing.  
Using the smallest tag die from the set, I cut, then stamped the sentiment onto it again using my Misti.
I glued my inked tag onto a plain white one for stability and added the sentiment tag at the top with some silver ribbons.
The finishing touch was 3 clear jewels that I added to the center of the poinsettia.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my tag to these challenges:
Craft Rocket- CHRISTMAS IS COMING
Creative Craft Cottage- CHRISTMAS IS COMING
Simon Says Mon.- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG



Supplies
Stamps- Poinsettia Sketch (Impression Obsession)= Winter Wonderland (Recollections)
Inks- Versamark= Ranger Alcohol inks
Paper- Yupo= heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia)= clear gems= Ranger Blending Solution= 
paintbrush= heat tool= silver embossing powder= silver ribbon= Stitched Tag Die (MFT)

43 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the colors and textures!

Bunny said...

Absolutely stunning. I love those green colors. [Bunny]```

Linda said...

This is simply stunning Karen .... I love the poinsettia image and you've made that gorgeous bloom stand out perfectly. Great colours too ..... I LOVE IT!!! xx

Loll said...

This is an amazing work of art, Karen. I love every detail. Gorgeous AI colours, perfect with the silver embossing, and beautiful poinsettia with the delicate green left after lifting colour. The little tag is so sweet as a finishing touch. Thank you so much for being a Guest Designer for TTOC 2018! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Karen, I love the colours and the beautiful poinsettia embossed in sliver, Kate x

Robyn Oliver said...

Well Karen your tag is a real eye catching stunner for me....love those gorgeous greens and silver embossing and then highlighting the flower by removing some of the ink.. wow great technique, beautiful tag

Dotty Jo said...

This is stunning, Karen, Jo x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! This is an amazing tag! Your color is outstanding :)

Nstiz said...

This is incredibly gorgeous, Karen! What a fabulous piece and wonderful inspiration! I would have never thought to do something like this and the results are just beautiful. Love your color choices on this too!

Pat said...

This is a fabulous tag Karen and love the pretty mix of greens using the alcohol inks on the yupo paper, and the silver embossed poinsettia and also the Winter Wonderland stamping over the top. I love the way you used the blending solution to take out some colour from the poinsetti to make it stand out from the background, and also the cute little sentiment tag attached with the silver ribbon. x

Margaret Mifsud said...

What an absolutely stunning tag Karen!! I love the background and the poinsettia is so gorgeous and stands out so beautifully!! Love it!!

Maria said...

Absolutely amazing!! Your tag is super gorgeous with the poinsettia, silver embossing, and lovely colors!!

Michele said...

Beautiful tag! I will have to try this technique

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, absolutely stunning, your AI colours as off the chart awesome and the embossed edge just finishes it off perfectly.

Susan Joyce said...

Totally delightful, simply gorgeous!

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Stunning Alcohol Ink background for your starting point. Love your stamped poinsettia and how you heat embossed and then lifted AI from your flower, Karen. Nice touch with the silver heat embossing on the edge of your tag. Love your sentiment tag and jewels too plus your silver ribbon. Gorgeous mixed media tag that you should keep as a Christmas decoration. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Julia Aston said...

Wow Karen - this is SO stunning! love the silver embossing - and gorgeous AI background - removing some of the AI from the poinsettia made it all so dimensional!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is absolutely stunning, Karen! I love it! What a beautiful AI background, and the ink-lifted flower is amazing! The silver heat-embossing definitely gives definition and shine. The silver edging is a very nice touch too.
Hideko xx

Marcia Hill said...

This is absolutely STUNNING Karen!! I have never tried embossing on Yupo paper but will definitely give it a try after seeing this beauty!! And I just love the lighter green you achieved by lifting off some of the ink on the Poinsettia...really makes it pop against that gorgeous background and then all that lovely silver embossing really makes this tag shine! FABULOUS and well done!! :0)

Verov94 said...

Très beau travail d'encrage.
Magnifique tag.
Bonne journée

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and fab colour Karen
Gr Karin

marilyn said...

Too stunning for just a tag...this should be framed!

Jo said...

Breathtaking Karen. Incredible imagination on your AI technique, really brings that poinsettia to life. Beautiful xx

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Karen, I've never heat embossed Yupo and now have to try. Gorgeous colours,the silver is perfect witht he blue and greens.

Bonnie said...

This tag is a treasure, Karen! Beautiful alcohol ink colors and the silver edged poinsettia definitely steals the show!

Carol L said...

This is phenomenal! I absolutely love every detail!

Mac Mable said...

The alcohol ink colours are glorious and love that beautiful silver heat embossed poinsettia. Fabulous tecnique of lifting some of the colour to let the poinsettia be the star of the show. Stunning tag Karen and absolutely beautiful. I love it x

Ellie Knol said...

It's not just simply stunning.. it's STUNNING!

Bev Polen said...

WOW! What a stunning tag, Karen! The alcohol background and embossing are awesome! This is a jaw-dropping piece of artwork, Karen!

Dandi93 said...

This is amazing Karen.... gorgeous

papierelle said...

That's amazing!!!!

Carolyn L said...

This tag is simply exquisite from start to finish. It deserves to be framed.

Jeanne H said...

Indeed, a beautiful tag with wonderful color and texture. Tfs

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning tag! The silver embossing looks so amazing with the beautiful monochromatic background - I love it 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

Tee said...

Oh wow! This is stunning in every way!!

Skylark said...

This tag is absolutely gorgeous. I really love the effect you have achieved with this technique Karen, great stuff!! Stef x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous tag - love how you have used the AI's and blending solution. Great to know one can emboss on yupo paper - I guess it would be like embossing on vellum... keep moving or risk destruction :)
Blessings
Maxine

Susan said...

Wonderful shades of green! Love the way you lifted some of the colour from the poinsettia - it looks fabulous! I must try that technique.

pamboe said...

Wow! So far the best tag I've seen for this season. I am addicted to yuppo and alcohol ink.

Daria said...

Beautiful! I love the silver embossing and the monochromatic color scheme. Thank you for sharing the details. Every single one is perfect.

Cathy said...

Such a beautiful tag Karen, it's a work of art! Just gorgeous, love how you've made the flower pop and the silver embossing is perfect with these greens, Cathy x

Chrissie said...

This is simply breathtaking.... what an amazing piece of art!
Chrissie x

Bobby said...

Gorgeous!!