Saturday 3 November 2018

Christmas Doodling

Happy Saturday!
This week I hosted the TLC over at Splitcoast Stampers and the challenge was to create some 
I wanted to make another card using this technique so here it is. 
Very simple CAS design, I think the red is very festive.

I began by masking off my card front with some Post-It Tape. I then placed the Simple Grid stencil onto my card front and taped it down too so it wouldn't move.  I applied some DOX inks in reds over the stencil then removed it to reveal the grid pattern.
I set that aside to dry a bit and die-cut the deer head and the leaves with my Cuttlebug.
Back to the grid.  Using a fineline black marker, I doodled in the lines, then removed my Post it tape and added the border giving the whole piece a very whimsical look.  
I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts then pop-dotted the deer head over the grid.
I think this would make a great card for a guy.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Season's Greetings (HA)
Inks- Candied Apple, Fired Brick DOX (TH)= Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Grid Pattern Stencil (A Colorful Life)= Inking Tool (TH)= 
Deer Die (Recollections)= pop dots= Pigma Micron blackline pen

9 comments:

Pat said...

So bright and pretty Karen and a great way of making a plaid design, and I love the white deer and foliage which stands out beautifully, and the black lines and sentiment contrast well too. x

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great! Jo x

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, this is such a fun doodled checkered background :)

Bonnie said...

What a great masculine card, Karen! Love that doodled plaid background that's perfect for showing off the white die cut!

Loll said...

This is AWESOME! The doodling adds so much to the background. Love how you've made it the star with adding white die-cuts. I agree, perfect masculine Christmas card! xx

Monika Reeck said...

oh wooow that doodling BG is woooww I love it miss Karen
great card
many thanks to playing with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika

Annick said...

what a fun card !

maria f. said...

Incredibly striking yet fun too. What a stencil!

Gwendolyn said...

Wow I really love how you created that plaid! So artsy and makes for a uniquely beautiful Xmas card! Thanks for sharing it at our Anything Goes challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations again! Hugs, Gwendolyn