Tuesday 31 August 2021

Day-Tripping

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
Simple painted piece pulled from my stash.
I had rolled off the excess green paint from my brayer while using my Gel Plate.  I like to save them all for future use and also I don't like to waste the paint on my brayer.
I love the sentiment with this card too since we have all missed being together and doing things.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • Like I mentioned above, I pulled out this brayered painted background and placed it into my Misti.
  • Using some Vintage Photo Archival Distress ink, I inked up the Country Life stamp from Penny Black and pressed it onto the paper. * By stamping using the Misti, it gives you the chance to stamp more then once which is sometimes necessary when stamping over a painted bkg.*
  • I removed and cleaned the stamp, then positioned the sentiment from the Destination Sentiments set also from PB and inked and stamped it with the same colour.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a matching piece of brown cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.

Thanks a lot for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Shopping Our Stash- SUMMER LOVIN

Supplies
Stamps- Penny Black
Inks- Vintage Photo Archival Distress ink
Paper- heavy white- (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.); brown cs (Michaels)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); brayer; acrylic paint


11 comments:

Monica C. said...

Beautiful card and that sentiment is so true!
Hugs Monica

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful effect with the brayer and love the simplicity of the stamping XX

Bonnie said...

Another awesome technique, Karen! Love those birches with both the Oxide inks and acrylic paint!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous background you pulled out of the box Karen, and I love the scene you have created with that oh so appropriate sentiment.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Truer words have never been represented more beautifully, Karen! Wow, is this ever fabulous! LOve the brown ink!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful is this wonderful scene you made.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Karen, love the image and colours, Kate x

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the background and that sentiment is amazing!!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Karen, a lovely background and super stamps.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

This is a really interesting scenic stamp Karen and the blue/green tones suit it perfectly.. lots of atmosphere with this beautiful card. x

Deena said...

I am just loving this background with the black silhouette images! Thanks for playing with Shopping our Stash this week!