Friday 20 August 2021

Pink Pretty


Welcome
Here is another Gel Plate print that I made while I was taking a class from Vicki Boutin...so fun.
This leaf is a mask called Skeleton Leaf from ACLD called and I just love the detail I was able to get using it.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I started by getting out this Gel Plate print I had made during the class.  I made it by brayering some pink paint onto my Gel Plate, then pressed the Skeleton Leaf mask over the plate being sure to get good contact.  
  • I lifted the stencil, then let the paint on the plate dry. (to get a good 'ghost' print on your Gel Plate, you need to be sure and let the paint on the plate dry completely)
  • When the plate was totally dry, I brayered some white acrylic paint over it all...a thin coat, then rubbed on my cardstock to lift the print.
  • When the print was dry, I placed it into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Pinkfresh Studios. 
  • I sprayed the panel with some Sheer Shimmer to give it a bit of sparkle and interest.
  • Finally, I glued it onto a heavy white card base and then added 3 gems to finish it off.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Here is the mask I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT
Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES
Sparkles Monthly- MONOCHROMATIC

Supplies
Stamps- Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios)
Inks- Versafine Clair, Basics Acrylic Paint
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont)
Accessories and Tools- Skeleton Leaf Mask (ACLD); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Gel Plate, brayer, 
Sheer Shimmer Spray (Imagine), clear gems (Dollarama)

16 comments:

Sarn said...

Wow . . . I just got a skeleton leaf stencil & mask like this. Thanks for the inspiration on what I can do with it. X

Monica C. said...

So simple and yet so very beautiful. Great sentiment.
Hugs Monica

Pat said...

A great skeleton leaf stencil and perfect for using with the gelli plate Karen, and what is prettier than pink, and the added white to emphasise the veins of the leaf and some added wonderful shimmer spray too. x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous skeleton leaf background, Karen. Love your pinks and wonderful sentiment. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

that's such a beautiful leaf stencil and I love what you did with it :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing print Karen - love it, and I am sure it must sparkle beautifully IRL
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, this stencil is so fabulous! and pretty in pink!
=]

Mac Mable said...

WOW what an eye catching effect Karen. Pretty in the pinks and great use of the gelli plate x. The effect looks 3D and I love it x.

Bonnie said...

Wow! What an awesome background and card, Karen! Love the pink and the lines the skeleton leaf left! The black sentiment really makes it all pop!

Susan said...

Beautiful shades of pink! What a lovely card!

Nora Noll said...

This is AMAZING!!!! I love that print. I think I would love to have this on a piece of fabric!! GORGEOUS design!

Diane said...

Beautiful skeleton leaf! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Tammy said...

WOW Karen, this is gorgeous! I love that skeleton leaf and the beautiful colors! So happy you joined us at Sparkles Monthly.
Hugs, Tammy

Debbie Mageed said...

Oooh, I just love the texture of this leaf! What a great card!! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is an awesome skeleton design. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us over at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge and sorry for the late comment.
Ileanaxx