Saturday 7 August 2021

From My Garden



Welcome
So happy to have the weekend to play.
I hope you aren't getting sick of seeing all the Gel Plate leaf prints I have been making.
I made a bunch of them while playing so now it's time to make them into cards.
This was a super simple one using my Distress Oxide inks.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut my white cardstock for the panel, then pulled out my Gel Plate, brayer and some Distress Oxide inks: Rustic Wilderness, Evergreen Bough.
  • Next, I took the fern and laid it flat onto my work surface.  I inked up my brayer with some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink, being sure to cover all the surfaces and then laid that onto my plate pressing over it with a piece of scrap paper to make good contact.  I carefully lifted the leaf off and pressed my cardstock onto the plate to pick up the impression.
  • Since this was going to be a simple print, I wanted to add some interest to the background, so I inked up the Leaf Ledger background stamp from Impression Obsession with the inks mentioned above and stamped directly onto my plate, then rubbed the leaf print back onto the plate.  >>watch that your stamp doesn't slide or you won't get a good image impression<<  
  • I placed the panel into my Misti and stamped the sentiment, then splattered the whole panel with my black Posca pen.
  • I mounted it onto a white card base.....easy right?


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios); Leaf Ledger (IO)
Inks- Distress Oxides (mentioned above); Versafine Clair Nocture
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Gel Plate; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); leaf from garden; black Posca pen

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, what gorgeous cards your gel plate cards are, I love the leaf images and your wonderful colours, Kate 💖

Mac Mable said...

Another fabulous card using the fun technique and so very unique. Another stunner Karen x.

Christine Alexander said...

I love the organic look of the leaves ♥

Sarn said...

Totally brilliant x

sallysbitz2 said...

A beautiful card using a great technique x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another wonderful card using botanicals.

Pat said...

This is another brilliant leaf print using your gelli plate Karen, and finished simply with the sentiment it looks great. x