Tuesday 24 August 2021

Tropical Leaves

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
Just a fun one I made while playing with my Gel Plate again.
Instead of using paint this time on my plate, I used my Distress Oxide inks.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by getting out my Gel plate.  I recently bought a 8x10" plate for a class I was taking.  I have a smaller one but I have to say, I love the bigger size that gives me more working room.
  • I got out my 2 favourite colours of DOX inks....Blueprint Sketch and Peacock Feathers and pressed the pads directly onto my Gel Plate.  I like to keep them slightly apart when I press them on the plate so as not to contaminate the pads with the other colour.  Using a brayer, I smoothed them out and blended them together.
  • Next, I pressed on the beautiful Tropical Leaves stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over the ink on the plate.  I used the end of a paint brush to push the stencil gently into the plate so it would make good contact.  
  • I carefully lifted the stencil off and rubbed my cardstock over the inked background and my print was born.
  • When the print was dry, I splattered using my white Posca pen, then I die-cut multiple circles from the print and some white cardstock using HA Infinity circle dies. (no affiliation- For anyone needing some basic circle dies I would highly recommend these dies)
  • I glued the panel onto a white card base, then fitted and pop dotted the circles back into place, matching them up with the inked background.
  • Using a small piece of a leftover, I die-cut the leaf and glued that over the popped up circles.
  • I stamped the sentiment in my Misti and glued that over the leaf.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Sentiments (YNS)
Inks- Versafine Clair; Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont)
Accessories and Tools- Tropical Leaves stencil (ACLD); Gel Plate, brayer, Circle dies (Hero Arts); 
pop dots; leaf die (Dee's Distinctively Dies - Trio Tropical Leaves)

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

What an awesome gel plate background using Distress Oxide inks! I love the pattern the stencil has made and the layered circles with one white to make them pop! The die cut leaf is a perfect match! Wow!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I don't have a gel plate or even know how to begin to work with one but I do love the results you got with this design. Beautiful!

Pat said...

This tropical leaves stencil has made a wonderful background print using these two fabulous blue inks Karen and love the die cut circles with the contrasting white one and black on white sentiment, and the die cut leaf added to the centre of the circle makes a great focal image. x

Christine Alexander said...

wow, gorgeous imprint from the leaves on the gelli print :)

Monica C. said...

Wow, this is so striking. I love the blue and white combo and that circle in the middle really pops. Beautiful!!
Hugs Monica

I Card Everyone said...

LEAVES me smiling, Karen!
=]