Sunday 22 August 2021

Masculine Birthday


Welcome
My vacation time is coming to an end so I won't have as much time to play. 
So I'm trying to get a few more cards I created posted before I'm back to work.

Here's how I created this fun birthday card.
  • I decided to make a side fold card....one of my fav folds.  It's very easy to do and gives a nice change from the usual A2 card.  All instructions how to do this fold are HERE.  
  • I'm using this fun turnabout stamp called Paint Swash from Concord and 9th.  I positioned my paper and stamp into my Misti and inked the stamp with the first colour and pressed onto my paper.  **to see a video about how to use these stamps see the Concord and 9th site here** 
  • I turned the cardstock in my Misti, positioned it again and stamped the next colour.  I did that 2 more times; 4 stampings in total.  The colours I used were: Carved Pumpkin, Broken China, Barn Door and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink.  
  • This set also comes with a few additional stamps that you can use randomly over the pattern you just stamped.  I added those with some Versafine Clair ink.
  • After all the stamping was done, I splattered the inked cardstock with my white Posca pen.  I cut the panel as measurements linked above for my card front, then glued it all down.
  • I die cut the sentiment and glued it over the stamped background.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT
The Male Room- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION


Supplies
Stamps- Paint Swash (Concord and 9th)
Inks- Versafine Clair, Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook-Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Posca pen; die (MFT); 
Nuvo glue; black gem 

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What an effective result using the turnabout stamp and the colours look fabulous. Great fold and a very striking card Karen x. Hope you enjoyed your holidays? x.

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous design Karen, and I love the colours, a wonderful card, Kate x

Pat said...

This is so effective Karen and I love the colour combination and finished with the white die cut sentiment..a super card. x

Sarn said...

Great results from the turn around stamps. Every time I see this side fold card from you I resolve to have a go at it- really must get my backside into gear! X

kiwimeskreations said...

That looks to have been so much fun to stamp Karen - a great result. O love that fold too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Alexander said...

Amazing card, love the retro colours and perfect masculine card ♥

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design and I love those colors!

Monica C. said...

Wow to the results you got from that stamp! Your card is lovely, the bold sentiment in the middle a perfect element.
Hugs Monica

Bonnie said...

This is so colorful and fun, Karen! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room blog challange

Goga said...

Beautiful birthday card! Thanks for playing at TMR challange. Goga