Saturday 21 August 2021

Precious Memories

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
I was so happy with how it turned out.
I seldom to never use black cardstock so when it all worked, it made me glad.
I used some bleach to change the colour.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a black cardstock panel, placed it into my Misti and stamped the Winter Floral Mix Background with some Versamark ink.  I white heat embossed that and let it cool.
  • Time to bleach out the black.....not all cardstock will take away the colour of the paper so you need to test it before starting. I had tested mine on a scrap so I knew it would work.  Try to work in a ventilated area as well.
  • Using an OLD paintbrush, I painted in just areas of the background as I wanted to let the black show through.
  • I set it aside to let the black bleach out.  When it was dry, I noticed I had missed a few areas, so I went back in and cleaned them up hence the colour variation of the bleached areas.
  • While it all dried, I grabbed a scrap piece of black and stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and then white heat embossed it.
  • Before I glued the black stamped panel onto a piece of matching cardstock, I splattered with my white Posca pen, then glued it onto a heavy white card base.
  • I pop dot mounted the sentiment to the side.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT


Supplies
Stamps- Winter Floral Mix (SSS); Being Unique (Tech Tues)
Ink- Versamark
Paper- black cs (Michaels); heavy white (Scribes Nook-Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- bleach; old paint brush; Lawn Fawn white EB powder; heat tool;
pop dots; white Posca pen

21 comments:

Pat said...

What a great idea Karen, and the variation in the bleaching makes it a more interesting finish which introduces light and shade into the areas. A beautiful all over floral design too. x

Mac Mable said...

Loving the variation Karen and what a striking and effective technique with the black card stock. A stunner Karen x.

Bonnie said...

Love the awesome variation of color, Karen! A beautiful card!

cuilliesocks said...

What a striking card Karen, I love the images and your design, so effective with the black card, and such a lovely sentiment, Kate x

Christine Alexander said...

I love the way the bleach breaks down black into browns when the colour is removed. Love this card ♥

SherylH said...

Such a striking card!

marilyn said...

Absolutely stunning! I used to love bleaching...results are so cool! Thanks for sharing how you created this beautiful card.

Monica C. said...

Oh this is really beautiful! I would imagine that this would look good with any dark colored cardstock that will work with the bleach. Lovely card.
Hugs Monica

Glennis F said...

This looks amazing! A fun technique for me to try

Evelyn S. said...

It's a stunning card! I've grown accustomed to seeing colors other than blue on your blog, but this is really unusual. I LOVE bleaching stamping, but haven't done it in such a long time. This card is wonderful.

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE the fantastic drama of black cardstock and bleach! I’ve never used it in this type of whimsical style, Karen. It is a real beauty! xx

Maureen Lenti said...

The parts that you went over and produced a different shade just adds to the intregue of the card. This card just takes my breath away.

Bunny said...

Definitely a striking card. It turned out beautifully. [Bunny]

kiwimeskreations said...

A great technique Karen and a stunning card - so dramatic with the variations of the bleaching too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Annick said...

love it ! You should use the black more often, i think ! Annick

I Card Everyone said...

You must know how much I love grey, but I'd never have thought to start with black! Karen, this is outstanding!
=]

Nstiz said...

WOW! What an incredible effect and one I must try. Thanks SO much for describing your process! I have not used the bleach technique in quite a while but this really packs a punch! BEAUTIFUL!

Diane said...

Gorgeous card and stunning results!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Debbie Mageed said...

What a beautiful card! I just love the dramatic effect you got with this technique. Perfectly done! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Lindsey said...

It's always fun to experiment with bleaching to see what colours appear. Yours came out in lovely subtle shades to make a gorgeous and elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

tonilea said...

I love the variation in colors. This is a lovely card!