Friday 13 August 2021

Woven Paper Wishes

 


Hello and Welcome
Scraps...do you save them?
I like to save mine in the hope that I will be able to use them to make a card.
That's how this card came to be.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by taking a look in my scrap pile of pieces leftover from other cards.  I like to keep them just in case I can come up with something to do with them.  I found three of them, all done with stencils from A Colorful Life Designs (see below) and my Distress Oxide inks.  I cut the pieces into strips of different sizes for interest and set them aside.
  • Using a piece of heavy white cardstock, I embossed it using a folder from Darice to use as my main panel.
  • I figured out how I wanted to arrange my strips and wove them together, leaving room for a sentiment.  When I was happy with the pieces put together, I glued them in place over the embossed white panel.
  • Next, I cut a circle from another leftover stenciled piece and stamped the greeting from Avery Elle in my Misti.  I glued that onto a piece of matching cardstock.  It looked flat and needed something more, so I inked up a piece of cardstock and die cut the flower from Tim Holtz.
  • I glued the whole panel onto a piece of cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.
  • I pop dotted the sentiment to the side.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Here are the stencils I used:




Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cardz 4 Galz- TEXTURE
Try it on Tuesday- KEEP IT SIMPLE

Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Circle Tags (Avery Elle)
Inks- Versafine Clair; Distress Oxides (Peeled Paint, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, Shabby Shutters)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes; Numbers Embossing folder (Darice);
pop dots; Infinity Circle dies (HA); Wildflower die (TH); Misti  

19 comments:

Sarn said...

What a great snippety idea! Love this colourful card xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Karen, your paper weaving, colors, and amazing textures are incredible. I have not done paper weaving for ages, and hope to try it again soon. Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork.

Bunny said...

Great scrap card. It's beautiful. I really like the Groovy Flower Mask and now I covet it. EEK![Bunny]

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the stencils and a unique and creative card Karen x.

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh all tis from snippets, absolutely gorgeous Karen, wonderful design and colours, Kate x

Glennis F said...

Great use for your snippets

Pat said...

Such an interesting design Karen and love the strips in those three pretty colours woven together over the white number embossed background, and finished with the circular sentiment plate perfect with the added die cut flower inked in a coordinating colour. x

Christine Alexander said...

what a great way to use all those prints and stencils ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful way to use the offcuts Karen, with a beautiful result too!! Love the wee leaf sprig on the greeting panel - that's so sweet and delicate
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

Awesome idea for your card! It turned out gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous and eye-catching card! Not able to visit as much these days, hope you and your kiddos are well. xoxo

I Card Everyone said...

Nothing gets wasted around your studio, Karen! I love this!
=]

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Karen! I love the fabulous woven design and pretty colors, awesome way to use up your scraps! So happy you joined us over at Try it on Tuesday.
Hugs, Tammy

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful colors and background on your card. I love all the texture too with the embossed panel and then the colorful design on top of it.

Joan said...

Love your paper weaving card

Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday challenge

Joan

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Great card, I love it.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Sueb said...

Hi Karen,
What a fabulous card, and making full use of scraps, what a great idea.
I would like to thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at the ATG challenge for Through the Craft Room Door. TTCRD.blogspot.com
I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
With kind regards
Sue TTCRD team
Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

Anke said...

WOW fantastic card ...

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great idea & I just love how your make has come together

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz' this fortnight
Take care
hugs Shell xx