Friday 13 July 2012

Thinking of You done in Blue


Here is the card I made featured on the Penny Black  blog today based on a sketch that I saw and loved.  I stamped the main panel flowers called Awakening with Versamark then embossed with white.  I rubbed on Distress inks then dropped water onto the paper.  Since the Distress inks are water based, it leaves droplets on your paper.  I then stamped the sentiment from the set Gratitude which is getting a lot of use lately, cut it out with a Spellbinders die and while still in the die, sponged on blue.
I am also adding this card to the challenge at Moxie Fab.
Thanks so much for visiting today and hope you have a great weekend. 

Supplies:  stamps:  Penny Black-Awakening #4237K, Gratitude #30-105/Distress inks/ Spellbinders/ eb/ pearls

12 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful in blue Karen...those water droplets are a fabulous accent to the design!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous blue! Love your water droplet effect, it's perfect on this card!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is stunning, Karen! I think I say that about everything you make. LOL I need to try this heat embossing, sponging and water combination. I love how it looks!

Robin K. said...

I really love the effect of the water droplets! Gorgeous card!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up to "How I Stretch My Stamps"!

Jackie Rockwell said...

This is just so soft and beautiful. Almost dream like really stunning.

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card! Love the use of the distress ink technique, it looks so soft and pretty with those flowers.

Unknown said...

stunning! peaceful, serene and beautiful...this would make a lovely sympathy card :)

JanR said...

Gorgeous! You're on a bit of a blue kick lately. ;-)

Sharon said...

Just spectacular Karen!

Viv said...

Great card, image and inking, I love that sentiment too and had to buy the set as soon as I saw it recently :) Viv xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)