Tuesday 17 December 2013

Faux Embossed Snowflakes


I know, I know.....another blue card...so sorry although a few of my followers say keep it coming!
I have wanted to try the 'faux' embossed bkg for awhile now so here we go.
I die cut various snowflakes from the same colour paper as the bkg.  I then glues them all onto the panel then sanded them with an emery board.  Since the paper I used has a white core, hints of the white peek through after sanding.  I then mounted the panel on a crisp white card and added the silver twine with the sweet snowflake button I found.

I am adding my card to a few challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays; Let it Snow
Addicted to CAS; snowflakes
Simon Says; Let it Snow
Thanks so much for taking a peek.  

Supplies:  stamps; Paper Smooches/ Scorebug/ snowflakes dies-SSS, Spellbinder/ silver twine/ snowflake button

4 comments:

JanR said...

I keep forgetting about this technique, you've done an awesome job of it here. I've gotta try this sometime!

sandie said...

Your blue cards are fabulous. I love the touches of white, I had forgotten about using white core paper and how cool it can look, thanks for the reminder! And thank you for sharing wit us at ATCAS

Deb said...

Love your embossed snowflakes, Karen. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gabby said...

I'm liking all of your blue cards so keep bringing them on Karen! Hee! This is a great way to get more use out of your dies. Oh, the possibilities. :)