Saturday 14 December 2013

Joy, Hope, Wonder


It's a snowy, cold and wintery day here in Ontario and I am still in holiday mode making a few last minute cards.  I just can't seem to stop making them but I figure I may as well have a few extras on hand in case I need them.
It's Saturday, so I am playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast from the Michael Kors site (photo below).  Today's card features products from Penny Black.  I began my card by pressing my blue Distress ink pad onto a non-stick craft sheet then sprayed with water and pulled my paper through the wet ink.  I don't own a tag die, so when dry, I hand cut a tag then white embossed the sentiment on the front.  I then die cut the branches and added it to the top of my tag.  I scored my card front then pop dotted my tag onto that.
I am also adding my card to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge (Let it Snow) and the Simon Says Challenge (Let it Snow)
Hope you are seeing the finish line with all your Christmas preparations and I appreciate that you took the time to come and take a look.  Have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamp; Penny Black (Joy, Hope, Wonder)/ die: Nature's Song/ Distress ink/ Scoring tool/ silver ribbon





4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Another beautiful card Karen, Jo x

Therese said...

I love the tag! What a great way to add interest to your card!

Heather said...

A fabulous CAS card Karen - a gorgeous tag element with beautiful stamping and details!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Deb said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. I love the distress inks and fabulous job hand cutting your tag. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Fridays!