Sunday 15 December 2013

Walking in a Winter Wonderland


So sorry to be showing you another blue Christmas card.....once I start using those blue Distress inks I can't stop.  I guess it is because I associate blue with winter, snow, cold....hopefully not your fingers and toes!
Here is a card I made inspired by Joy Taylor.  I sponged Distress inks over a mask for my bkg. then added the sentiment and snowflakes that I cut from an old gift bag for this easy card.  I love the way it turned out.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to CAS; snowflakes
CAS-ual Fridays; Let it Snow
CASology; Snowflake


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps: Paper Smooches/ mask-Crafter's Workshop/ Distress ink/ snowflake die-SSS/ recycled gift bag




13 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my but this is gorgeous! Keep the blue Christmas cards coming! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally lovely - keep them blue cards comin' Jo x

Davi said...

Wow Karen I think that is stunning! I love the background and shinny snowflake over it :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, what a fantastic snowflake. Would never have thought to use the old gift bag, how clever you are. It really gives the card some POW. blue is perfect, as you said it reminds us of the cold and Christmas.

Rosemary said...

oh my word... absolutely gorgeous!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous card! great job.

Ardyth said...

Love the holographic snowflake and how your stencil mimics the shape of the snowflake!

Loll said...

So gorgeous Karen. Love all your series of cards using the blue inks and your gorgeous stencils and snowflake dies. Loll xx

Amy Kolling said...

WOW WOW WOW! I absolutely LOVE this and I how you repurposed a gift bag!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card Karen - love the way you used the stencil in the background!

Kylie said...

I love the blue Christmas cards! This is wonderful!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Alice said...

love the shine on your snowflakes and the background is fabulous. beautiful card! thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Linda Beeson said...

So pretty! My favorite is to use blue with snowflakes too.