Saturday 22 November 2014

Burlap Stamping


Happy Saturday my fellow crafters.  I am taking a break from all the Christmas cards today, to share with you a card I made using stamps from Penny Black.  I was inspired by the challenge today at Splitcoast from the Resurrect Antiques site.  They showed some interesting rolls of burlap ribbon and that got me thinking.  I have had a piece of burlap sitting on my messy desk for so long that I decided to experiment with it for stamping. 
I had a piece of white cardstock that I had rubbed off the tip of my Goosebumps bottle onto.  For those of you that don't know what Goosebumps is, it is a glue-like medium, that when applied onto your paper, acts like a resist.  
(You can see another card I made using Goosebumps and a link to the product HERE)
When that was dry, I adhered a piece of burlap to my acrylic block then inked with Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans Distress ink and stamped away.  I think it gave such a warm, textured look to my background against a crisp winter sky.   Next, I inked up the new Etched Branches stamp from Penny Black and stamped it across the bottom of my card front.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Gratitude stamp set in the upper corner to finish off my card.
I think this would make a great masculine card don't you?

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Sister of Craft- ANYTHING GOES

A Crafty Mess- ANYTHING GOES

Crafty Catz- WINTER THEME

Daring Cardmakers- SOMETHING OLD-burlap/ SOMETHING NEW- Etched Branched

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by.  Hope you enjoy a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ burlap/ acrylic block/ Distress ink/ Goosebumps medium

12 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Very beautiful card, I really love your background!!! Super!!

Greetings
Maria

Svenja said...

I loooove that background! Such a beautiful wintery card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Daring Cardmakers this week!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design, the background is fantastic, it compliments the image very well. Shirleyx

Lee-Anne said...

Karen, that adds amazing texture! What a beauty! Hugs my friend :)

Dawn said...

Stunning back ground and the image looks fab against it. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, how amazing is this, Karen? First, it's my (our) favorite color...hehe! And, second, it's gorgeous with the texture you've achieved! Stunning card! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

Ruby said...

I love your cards and you always give great instructions. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas.

Bobby said...

I tried some stamping with burlap and it didn't turn out like yours. This is a great background for one of my favorite stamps.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Beautiful card, the texture is so effective. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

tilly said...

a beautiful card with an icy feel , love the textures, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz, hope to see you again
Tilly

Helen said...

A great bit of recycling! It's made a beautiful background and a great project.

Thanks for joining us at A Crafty Mess and hope we'll see you again for the next challenge.

Helen x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love the colors and feel of this card. I used to have some of that goosebumps stuff. I wonder where it went to.... I didn't think of it as a resist.