Sunday 2 November 2014

Scrollwork Christmas


Morning.  Try as I might, I could not get a decent photo of this card no matter what I did.  So here it is.  I was playing along with this challenge at Splitcoast and happy to be able to get another holiday card done.  It is going to be here before we know it.

I am in love with this snowflake die from Lawn Fawn and can't seem to stop using it!  I love vintage feeling holiday cards and this stencil feels vintage to me.  I wanted to try and use some non-traditional colours, so went with beige tone Distress inks.  I placed the stencil on my paper and rubbed Antique Linen Distress ink over it then shifted the stencil so slightly and added a darker tone of Distress ink using Brushed Corduroy.  By using the 2 colours together it gave a nice warm tone to my background.  

Next, I centred my snowflake die onto my card front and cut it out.  I cut out 3 additional snowflakes in white and glued them one on top of each other so I would have a raised snowflake when I replaced it into the cut area on my card.  I added the half pearl to the centre and stamped the sentiment.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Merry Monday- SNOWFLAKES, NEUTRAL COLOURS

Less is More- CHRISTMAS NON-TRADITIONAL COLOURS

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to Stamps- CAS

Allsorts Challenge- MASCULINE


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Supplies:  stamp- Paper Smooches/ die- Lawn Fawn/ stencil-Gourmet/Distress inks/ Memento black


22 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is totally fabulous! Jo x

sandie said...

Fabulous idea and the colours look great and the added dimension really makes the snowflake take centre stage. Thanks for joining is at ATSM

Mervi said...

Beautiful and stylish card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Masculine Challenge;-))m

Unknown said...

Love how you've raised the stencilled snowflake, such a clever idea. Karen x

Lin said...

So very classy, Karen! Love it from top to bottom!

mags said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love the colours and how you have raised the snowflake. Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. It is much appreciated.
Mags
x

Caryn said...

Wow Karen - love this card - so cool!
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Chrissie said...

Just one word Karen...STUNNING,
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

cotnob said...

Such an elegant Christmas card, I love your stitched snowflake.
Pauline
x

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful snowflake, Karen! And I LOVE that stencil and the 2 tone effect that you created! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Karen!! I love the way you've carried on the stamped pattern onto the raised snowflake… looks so cool !! :-)
Hope you've had a good weekend!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Sid said...

Loving the effect you have achieved with this fab card !!

Hannelie said...

I always feel inspired to get my fingers full of ink after a visit to you blog!
You do beautiful work Karen!

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at ATSM this week!

Rahmat said...

Gorgeous card! Love the background and the snowflake...Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Karen this is a super fun and clever design.
Perfectly CAS and gorgeous
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Lawn Fawn has such fun stitched dies, I can see why you can't get enough of this one. This is a fabulous card. I'm impressed with how it came out! Wowzah!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I love this die too, and what a great idea with the stencil! Really stunning card, my friend! Hugs!

Skye said...

A fabulous card. Great technique of stamping the background on the snowflake. Love the colour.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous festive card Karen. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Deborah Frings said...

Simply fabulous! I love the shaded background and the lovely die cut snowflake. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting this week Karen, what a fab creation!
Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer