Saturday 29 November 2014

Country Christmas


Happy Saturday.  This morning, I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast inspired from the site Sur La Table and these lovely candlesticks.


As most of you know, I love making my own background papers and this one was really fun to make.  There is a tutorial on Splitcoast called Faux Barnboard.  I did a modified version of that technique.  I also added some scoring lines to make it look more authentic.  When it was all dry, it was too light for me so I took my Gathered Twigs Distress ink pad and rubbed it over the front.  To help the Distress ink stick over the acrylic paint, I embossed it with clear embossing powder.  It gave it a wonderful crackled appearance.  I was so pleased with how it turned out that I want to try making an even simpler version.
Kept it super simple by just adding this fantastic die-cut from Penny Black called SNOW WISHES.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamps- ANYTHING GOES


Time Out- EMBOSSING

Stampavie and More- ANYTHING GOES

Just Us Girls- WILD CARD



Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- none/ Elmer's Glue or Aleene's Tacky/ Distress ink/ die- PB/ acrylic paint/ scoring tool

24 comments:

pam said...

Beautiful CAS card Karen, background is very effective.. love the die cut.
pam

sandie said...

This is such a clever design, that background is amazing. I really thought it was DSP! Thanks for joining us at ATSM amd TIME OUT x

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully inspired, Karen! I adore the woodgrain background with this sentiment! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

AWESOME! LOVE this! Thanks for playing again with us at ATSM!

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love your background.
Pauline
x

Chris Dring said...

Holy crow! You MADE that background?!!! What an awesome card! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Rahmat said...

WOW another stunning entry! I love the background. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSM.

Bobby said...

I'm impressed, Karen. The wood looks so real. And that die is just perfect to show it off.

Katie Melhus said...

Just Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Sarah G said...

I totally thought that was patterned paper! Beautiful texture and depth on the woodgrain effect and the sentiment works so well with it - thanks for sharing with us at Time Out :)

Marie-Louise said...

Brilliant card Karen. The background is super.

Dotty Jo said...

Well, this is just wonderful! I love it, Jo x

Lee-Anne said...

AH-MAZING in every way, Karen!

Lisa Kind said...

Your barnboard is gorgeous! So realistic! Love that die too! It's a perfect choice for the paper you created! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Loll said...

Your barn board looks awesome Karen!! Will have to check out the tutorial. Perfect with the simple die-cut. Loll xx

Chrissy said...

Gosh! Karen..I love this card and the background papers are superb...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! Perfectly CAS with a touch of folksy feel. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love your CAS style. :) Thank you for joining us at the Time Out Challenge.

Cheryl said...

Love this card so much!! I never get tired of woodgrain and your die cuts are super on it!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Dina said...

a beautiful card thanks for joining us at stampavie and more

Beverley said...

LOVE the rustic look of your card :) Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Jingle said...

GORGEOUS! You just rock. You know that, right? Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That wood grain is fabulous and fits the challenge so well. Love your CAS card.

EM said...

All your cards was great, trying this background for sure, thanks for sharing