Friday 28 November 2014

Frosty Windows


TGIF!!  I am waking up to frosty windows this a.m. and ready to play along with the challenge at Splitcoast; use embellishments you have lots of.  Well, I have a jar of these little shiny stars that I never use so today was the day!

I began by creating the snowflake panel.  I inked up my Hero Arts snowflake stamp with Goosebumps and stamped the panel.
 (For those of you that are not familiar with this medium, go HERE to read about it)
When dry, I rubbed my Distress ink pads in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers directly over the stamped area and sprayed with water to blend.  I just love how it turned out!
I mounted that panel with pop dots between a row of pierced dots, added the sentiment and the stars.
Very easy to mass produce.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Simple Create Too- SNOW, SNOW, SNOW


City Crafters- TECHNIQUES(Distress inking)

Moving Along With the Times- INSPIRED BY A SONG
(Snow for Christmas)


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  

Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts, The Old Island Stamp Comp./ Distress ink/ Goosebumps/ silver stars/ piercing tool

18 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card!! That's a very effective technique! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Rahmat said...

Love the frosted panel, what a fun technique! And your card is a CAS beauty. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Unknown said...

Great card, I've just gone and ordered some Goosebumps to have a play with. Karen x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is so elegant, what a great card, just read about goosebumps. May be a new year buy for me!! Thanks for playing with us on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel xx

Davi said...

Simple but VERY beautiful Karen, love it ;)

Sue said...

Gorgeous snowflakes, Karen! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is so fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Janice said...

Karen this is fantastic! I so love the colours and the design. Such a pretty card, off to read about the materials used. Thank you so much for playing with us at MAWTT this week, Jx

sandie said...

Really does look like a frosty panel and love the dotted line. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a beauty - love the dotted lines! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Karen! this is darlin, I adore the sweet star embellishments! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Loll said...

Love this design Karen ... and the gorgeous colours of ink. After seeing the beautiful cards you've made with Goosebumps, I'm going to have to buy some :) Looks like it's fun to play with. Loll xx

Stella said...

I love the frozen look of your snowflakes. CAS at its best! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: I love this 2nd entry too--very beautiful! We're glad you entered our Challenge "Snow! Snow! Snow!"

This is our last challenge for 2014: The Design Team will take a break most of December to enjoy their families around the holidays. We'll all be back on 2 January for our first 2015 challenge to spark your creativity. We hope to see your entries in all our challenges next year!

Happy Holidays to you & your family!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly CAS and very frosty looking! I do like the snowflake panel with the paper pierced detail. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-) Have a great week!

maria f. said...

A frosted window - exactly what I thought when I saw the thumbnail. What an effect that Goosebumps has. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too with this one too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card! I love the frosty look (on a card, I hate anything cold IRL). I'm definitely going to have to hunt down my Goosebumps. I know I have some somewhere!